Projector noob in need of help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Rather impulsively I purchased a Optoma HD65, it seemed like a good deal and a relatively good first budget projector. I'm now shopping for all the bits and bobs I need to get it up and running, what I need is a wall mount and HDMI. I need to wall mount it at the back of the room, I have high ceilings and smallish room, but its basically dedicated to HiFi and home cinema. Ceiling mounting is out of the question so I have been looking at wall options. It will be around 3m away from the screen I have been hunting and this mount seems like a good deal but I'm unsure if it will fit. Can anyone advise? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-PROJECTOR-WALL-MOUNT-BRACKET-ARM-KIT-SILVER-/220553427343?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics&hash=item335a02398f#ht_826wt_913 I'm going to measure with some string the rough distance for the HDMI, any ideas where I can purchase long reasonably good cables? Cheers!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
hi brisk - nice purchase that was the first projector i bought and for the money its a great little machine - the mount you have chosen will be fine the only prob i have ever encountered with these universal mounts (not the one you are buying although the arms looking identical) is the screws the optoma projector uses are very small and i had to buy some separately off ebay to fit even though the mount i bought said it would fit as the ones that came with the mount were too big for both my hd65 and hd20 - you maybe lucky and not need any but don't get worked up if you do as they are easy to come by, you may also need a couple of small washers that you can prob get from any diy store or again off ebay as the holes drilled in the mount arms were nearly as big as the screw heads so i added for safety.

a few things to remember and may sound daft but i over looked first time - the big one is the lens is not in the middle of the projector so when putting up your mount will be an inch or so off the center line - also because the lens is on one side when turned upside down this shifts to the other side - first time i did all my calculation i had projector right way up so when turned upside down was then 2 inches the wrong way - rookie mistake!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Cheers matengawhat!

I never thought about the picture shift after turing the unit upside-down, I will add this to my calculations. I think most the mounts will be the same so I will take the plunge. I'm going to use one of the 7m 'that cable' HDMIs, should do the job.

Will let you know how I get on,

Thanks again!

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Brisk,

I use a temporary installation for my Panny. I purchased a flat HDMI cable from www.lindy.co.uk 7m for £35. The cable is just slim enough to go under the carpet. Has shown to be a decent cable. Made my installation much easier as all kit is around tv with hdmi lead running to the rear of the room under the carpet where i use a fold out bookcase stored under our settee 'out of site' when i wish to go for the bigger picture. Use a fixed screen mind.

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

A

Anonymous

Well I'm all up and running now and genrally very happy with the performance for the price.

My only issue concerns overlooking one factor which is the vertical projection and how it projects up not straight ahead. So mount is positioned in such a way that it is center to the screen and on the rear wall, this means I need to direct the projector skyward (when upside-down) which allows it to project down to the level of the screen, consequentially I cannot achieve a perfect focus. I can focus it into the top of the screen or bottom but for instance on a page of text the bottom or top of a page of text will be slightly out of focus.

Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

Edit*

I have pulled the screen down a bit further and positioned the mount pointing even more downward and this seems to help achieve a better, more even focus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts