Project Genie 3 Upgrade

A

Anonymous

The Rega P3-24 springs to mind, but I'd probably go for second hand at the moment. There are some serious bargains to be had. The AR turntable, Linn Axis or Linn Basik, Systemdek, Ariston, STD are all better than the Genie and the P3, plus often often go for half the price.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, i've been looking at the Rega P3-24.................and the Pro-ject RPM5................I'm also interested to see how good the Rega RP1 is.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i lost a little how old are the planner deck and are they any good i see alot of rega planner2 or 3 with rb250 arms for around £300 is that going to beat my genie 2 by a far bit, sorry to gate crash the thread but im sure the op would like to know if there is good s/hand stuff out there. or is it a no no to buy s/hand turntable stuff.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:i lost a little how old are the planner deck and are they any good i see alot of rega planner2 or 3 with rb250 arms for around £300 is that going to beat my genie 2 by a far bit, sorry to gate crash the thread but im sure the op would like to know if there is good s/hand stuff out there. or is it a no no to buy s/hand turntable stuff.

There are some excellent second hand deals to be had out there...so would definately suggest second hand is an option. I bought a 10 year old Rega Planar 3 with RB300 arm and Rega Elys2 cartrdige for a lot less than £300.00 and it sounds amazing and is in "as new" condition.

I cant vouch for how this sounds against something like a New Rega RP1 or Project TT I'm afraid.

There are a lot of excellent second hand deals to be had though across a variety of makes of Turntable to pretty much meet any requirements.

A

Anonymous

I've tried the second hand route on fleabay.............I'm off to demo the Rega P3-24 and RP1 tomorrow
smiley-laughing.gif

A

Anonymous

smiley-smile.gif

Well, i got the Rega P3-24 ........I'm loving it......I'd really like a TTPSU now!

Does anyone have this setup ?

How much better is the PSU upgrade?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have this setup and really enjoying it. I bought s/h the TTPSU with the P3-24 though. Changing cartridge this weekend to a Goldring 1042 to see if more improvement over the 2200 that it came with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts