Problems with Firefox

I've got the latest Firefox (not the Beta version). Whenever I try posting through Firefox, the post doesn't show up for the first 15 mins at least. I've just replied to 2 posts few minutes ago, & it's still not showing.

Anyone else facing similar problems?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
My post finally showed up after 9 min 14 secs of posting in the "Hot Deals" section (still can't view my posts in this thread so far...).
I have to refresh every page manually to see any new entries - either mine or anyone elses. For example, a thread shows a new entry but when I click on the link it does not show. I hit refresh and it appears. This is with IE8. It did not happen on the old site.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
hammill said:
bigboss said:
My post finally showed up after 9 min 14 secs of posting in the "Hot Deals" section (still can't view my posts in this thread so far...).
I have to refresh every page manually to see any new entries - either mine or anyone elses. For example, a thread shows a new entry but when I click on the link it does not show. I hit refresh and it appears. This is with IE8. It did not happen on the old site.
Same for me on IE8 OR IE9

idc

Firefox working fine with the new site, as it was with the old. Wierd how some browsers work better than others with different people. I had a heck of time with IE and then Chrome on the old site.

It's very strange, because I'm facing this problem on 3 different computers with Firefox (1 laptop with Windows 7, 1 macbook & 1 PC with Windows XP). Google chrome & IE work fine. And the problem isn't sorted by hitting the refresh button.

nads

i would hazzard a guess it is something at your end/server/host......

3 PCs Win7 1 laptop Win 7 and a workstation with XP ) some a mix of 64 and 32 bit and no issues.

maybe some addons in FF or....

John Duncan

It's not Firefox. The list of latest posts (http://www.whathifi.com/forum/latest-posts) and the forum landing page (http://www.whathifi.com/forum) are refreshed every two minutes. I'd rather the latest posts page was done every minute (which is pretty much what the old forum did), but the code required to do so is a little bit server-intensive and I haven't refactored it yet to make it safe to run so often.

Any longer than that and it's definitely browser cache, which should be resolved by a Ctrl-R or Ctrl-F5 (eg). Note that the site behaves differently if you're logged in or not - pages aren't cached if you're logged in (other than the two minute rule above), whereas they are if you're not (with me so far?). Cache times are different across the site, with forum lists being cached for less time than, say, the home page, which doesn't change that often.

Does that clarify?

John Duncan said:
It's not Firefox. The list of latest posts (http://www.whathifi.com/forum/latest-posts) and the forum landing page (http://www.whathifi.com/forum) are refreshed every two minutes. I'd rather the latest posts page was done every minute (which is pretty much what the old forum did), but the code required to do so is a little bit server-intensive and I haven't refactored it yet to make it safe to run so often.

Any longer than that and it's definitely browser cache, which should be resolved by a Ctrl-R or Ctrl-F5 (eg). Note that the site behaves differently if you're logged in or not - pages aren't cached if you're logged in (other than the two minute rule above), whereas they are if you're not (with me so far?). Cache times are different across the site, with forum lists being cached for less time than, say, the home page, which doesn't change that often.

Does that clarify?

smiley-undecided.gif

I kind of understood your post (although still not sure why it's only happening with firefox. I'll try ctrl-R or ctrl-F5 & see if that helps.

Your job is quite complex. Only if websites were as simple as human beings......it would've been easier for me to treat!
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS