Problem with Hi-Fi set-up

danchaofan

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm seeking help/advice on a technical problem with my hi-fi setup.

I just bought a pair of Cabasse Bisquine M2s to replace a pair of Mordaunt-Short MS20s, which I'm running with a NAD series 20 amp.

When I first hooked them up the left speaker produced no sound, so I checked the connections and they were fine. I then discovered that by pressing the mono button on the amp that the left speaker worked. I have no idea why that could be!

Could it be related to the impedance? The Cabasse Bisquines are 4 ohm while the NAD amp is 8 ohm.

I don't think there's a problem with the speakers as I tried them out on the seller's Luxmann amp and they worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This is a connection problem.

The fact that both channels work in mono suggests that the amplifier is only receiving a signal on one channel.

Check your connections and source, you are most probably losing a channel somewhere there.

It is just possible that your nad amp has a problem on the input side, possibly input selection. Just check source and connectors in a methodical manner to find out where the problem lies.

What dave said. Something is preventing the signal reaching the left channel of your amp, and the momo button simply merges in the right channel, so you get right channel (only) from both speakers. At least your speakers aren't broken!

Changing the speakers was a coincidence, and maybe you disturbed an old connection in the process? It is nothing whatsoever to do with impedance matching.

Good luck!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
41Aon3n5myL._SY355_.jpg

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol.... Ricks usual choice of interconnect.

To the op - swap the left/right connections from your source if the fault follows then New interconnects are required.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts