Proamp or not

Cycleman

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all....i am in a difficult possition many years now.

My system is b&w 685 and nad 326bee. Well i make many things to my system to find out what happend. Then i realized that my nad is small for these speakers.

I read many things to find a solution. One day i read something about crown xls like it is cheap with good power with no so much bad sound...so i decided to rent the xls 1500 for a while to see what happend.

I stay with my mouth open. I say woow i will stay like that forever. I listen everything much louder with smaller volumes.It has very pleasant at small volumes... So after a few days i bring it back and...i bought a new one. I plug it and....that happend....there wasn't the same sound at all.

So i call back the guy that i rent the amp and after many questions he told me that this amp had a big damage and they fix it with bigger watts...total disaster

I do all this stuff with nad 326bee as pro. With my new crown now i try directly through my dac in preamp mode. It is much better like this but not as the rented one.

So there is big difference if i buy the crown xls 2500?! if a try better pro have i hopes for better drive?!at last my dac is ifi micro with this specs:

tubro mode:max power 10V 4000mw 16 ohm. power continious:1560mw 64ohm

normal mode:max power 5,5V 1900mw 16ohm. power continious:950mw 32 ohm

So in theory will i have the same drive power like a pro like 3000euros?

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Just out of curiosity what seems to be the difference between the two amps?

Is the new one a refurbished unit? Maybe it's faulty...

I'm very curious about those XLS power amps, but sadly I can't get a demo where I live...

Cycleman

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
so do i my friend.

i will try some demo pro for start...but doesn't anybody tell about what to pay attention.

Somebody told me about the output crown must be 10 times biger from the mw of the pro...is it correct?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts