ProAc Tablette Anniversary Speakers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They will be in stores very soon - why not try them for yourself?
emotion-1.gif

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Just had a quick look for these, got a question for David@FrankHarvey (or anyone else who can answer): the tweeters are off-set from the centre, do both speakers come with the tweeter off-set to the same side? All pictures I've seen show this, which seems nuts and would be guaranteed to drive me bonkers.
emotion-41.gif

They look nice apart from that.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ProAc only produce mirrored pairs - you'll never see a ProAc speaker with the tweeters on the same side.

So far, dealers have only been sent an image of a single speaker, so you may see pictures where it's been doubled up to show a pair (as in our case). The current Tablette pic is a bit of a naff photoshop job, but better pics will be available shortly.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Cheers David, I thought that was probably the case, I just couldn't find any photos to back that up. Nice looking speakers, I hope ProAc bring some to the Bristol show, hint hint
emotion-5.gif

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:They will be in stores very soon - why not try them for yourself?
emotion-1.gif

At £1250 for the standard finish and £1350 for Ebony they're significantly more expensive than the outgoing Reference 8 Signature and I'm a little curious to know how much better they are.

If I only read about them I'm less likely to walk out of a certain shop on Spon Street at least £1250 lighter than when I walked in!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They utilise technology that ProAc have filtered down from the Carbon series...

I haven't heard them yet, but judging by the improvements ProAc have made with the Studio 115 and 140.2, it could well justify it's price rise, and then some.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
When you hear them please post your comments. In my opinion there is nothing in Hi Fi as pretty as a pair of tablette ebonys.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Indeed the Studio 115 speakers are truly remarkable for a stand mounter at their level - arguably a new benchmark for some of their competitors to come. We haven't received our Tablette Anniversary's yet but I'm looking forward to comparing these both to the Studio 115s and older D1s.

A

Anonymous

David can you comment on the tablettes yet? Can you say how they compare to some of the similar priced but bigger cabinet ProAcs like the Studio 115's or Response D1's?? Many thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I certainly can.

I've not tried this as a direct comparison, but the difference between the D1 and Tablette is a little like the difference between the D18 and D140 MkII. The D1 and D18's are the ProAc everyone is used to - sweet, detailed, slightly warm, and pretty much sounds good with everything. The Tablette and D140 (and 115's for that matter) are a little leaner with slightly less warmth, and have a more vivid presentation, with more energy compared to the slightly softer 18's and 1's. Which you prefer can be personal preference, or a choice made by your amplifier, or even both. You'll only need to compare one the combinations I've mentioned to get a pretty clear picture of the differences I'm trying to describe.

To add to that, the D1's and Tablettes are more suited to smaller rooms, and the other models to larger ones.

A

Anonymous

Hello, Are Proac going to filter their carbon series technology down too the response d1 speakers, as with the tabs ? regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts