Price v warranty??

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have seen the tv I'm probably getting..as far as price in different shops are concerned...the cheaper deals come with less warranty period.Am I right to go for a more expensive shop on basis of longer warranty? ian

A

Anonymous

Hi,after looking for my 'perfect' screen for nearly a year,looking at various forums,buying lots of mags(mainly WHF) and trying to digest as much information as possible,having a decent warranty is very important.The amount of people who have problems with the very best screens,even ones that come with 5 stars and finding lots of problems,need a safety net,i.e,warrantys.Nothing seems to be built to last these day's,but there is always the consumer rights act which protects us all(trading standards website will tell you everything about that).I got a pioneer 5090 with a pioneer warranty after travelling to the shop for an instore demo,found out afterwards i could have saved a lot in petrol money if i had bought it off the internet with a D+G warranty,apparantly this would have been just as good...knowing your rights(trading standards)seems to be a good place to start before spending money. AFTERTHOUGHT..i did know the shop before buying,im a bit dubious about 'good deals' off the internet,but thats just me,lol

A

Anonymous

ipri:Hi I have seen the tv I'm probably getting..as far as price in different shops are concerned...the cheaper deals come with less warranty period.Am I right to go for a more expensive shop on basis of longer warranty? ian

''It's DEAL time''

Go to one of the big dealers, ask for a BEST price and get a long warranty thrown in?

I went to my local Sony Centre, got them to knock a £1650.00 TV, down to £1165 ................ with FREE DELIVERY and a Sony Backed 5 Year Warranty to boot.

At that time (Dec 20th) best local deal at an independent was about £55 dearer and a 5 year warranty would have set me back an extra £122!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it's a BUYERS market ................. shop around, ask for the best price and do not be afraid to compare their prices with internet deals

TRENDING THREADS