Power amp?

TobesEtc

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I've just got a Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp to go with my Yamaha CD-S2000 and Technics SL-1210MK2 with B&W 685 speakers.

I'm considering adding a Roksan Kandy K2 Power Amp (second hand) to bi-amp the speaker.

Worth it, or over kill?

(Music ranges from Van Morrison to Vivaldi).

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Imo it would be overkill. Other speakers/amp would be a better way to go, considering if, and what, you actually miss. That's where to start. Is the positioning from the speakers at its best ?

TobesEtc

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I think I agree that's it is over-kill. I'll try to resist the temptation to buy anything new for a while and just listen to the stuff I've got!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
What happened to my reply?

Anyway I said It hink you should upgrade your speakers first, try the KEF LS50s, they may work well with a power amp like RK.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
BigH said:

The OP posted the same thread twice - your reply was in the parallel universe. Now you've repeated your advice on this version of the thread, I'll unpublish the parallel one to avoid confusion

TobesEtc

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
BigH said:

Anyway I said It hink you should upgrade your speakers first, try the KEF LS50s, they may work well with a power amp like RK.

Going to try to not buy anything for a couple of weeks and just enjoy what I have! (Though that said I've just ordered the KAB fluid damping kit for my SL-1210 Mk2).

My question was prompted by seeing the power amp for £350 second hand. But your comment about the speakers is probably correct. When I bought the 685's they were the best bit of my system, now they may not be... though they still sound great to me. So on the basis of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I think I leave alone!

Thanks for saving me the 350 quid!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts