Power Amp upgrade for my Rotel/B&W System?

gwsbarry

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been a trawler of this forum for a long while, and hours of internet research usually stems from What Hi-Fi.

My system currently stands at:

Rega RP1 (only source)

Rotel RA-02

B&W 602 s3

I am updating my cables to Chords (from CA cheapo's).

So basically, I was thinking that perhaps a dedicated Power-Amp would increase the sound quality of my system. I would use my current intergrated as a Pre-Amp until funds allowed for a dedicated Pre.

Is this the right thinking? Or should I focus my cash on a newer intergrated amp?

Any input is appreciated.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
gwsbarry said:
I have been a trawler of this forum for a long while, and hours of internet research usually stems from What Hi-Fi.

My system currently stands at:

Rega RP1 (only source)

Rotel RA-02

B&W 602 s3

I am updating my cables to Chords (from CA cheapo's).

So basically, I was thinking that perhaps a dedicated Power-Amp would increase the sound quality of my system. I would use my current intergrated as a Pre-Amp until funds allowed for a dedicated Pre.

Is this the right thinking? Or should I focus my cash on a newer intergrated amp?

Any input is appreciated.

welcome to the forum.

A lot will depend on your budget. My feeling is that it's better to upgrade less often but in larger increments. That also gives you lots of time to listen to kit in the meantime. Assuming you can resist the urge to scratch the upgrade itch for that long ...

Sorry if that hasn't really answered your specific question.

gwsbarry

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys,

Dougal - is the RB03 a newer version of the RB1080? I have to admit i am a real sucker for the RB1080's aesthetic.

I guess hours more search will have to implimented!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Have you thought about the Rega Performance pack for your turntable?

If vinyl is going to be your only source then maybe upgrade that first?

gwsbarry

May 13, 2013
Visit site
ok thank you for the input, i will have to keep my eyes peeled for either amp.

in terms of bi-amp'ing i dont claim to know alot - however am i better using the int. amp to run the tweeters, and the power amp to run the woofers, or should i do one amp per speaker?

also i am going to get the RP1 performance pack, however i wanted the base model so i could notice an appreciable difference in the two. ill be looking to upgrade that element in around a months time.

TRENDING THREADS