power amp direct

A

Anonymous

Whoops sorry, the question was i have a technics su-v470 amplifier with a power amp direct switch, i don't quite understand how this works,will i get a better sound from my cd player connected to the power amp direct or just ordinary cd player connections ?

Thanks Chris. (oh and hello to everyone this is my first post....after the first blob anyway :grin: )

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I guess, if the power amp direct input works like it does on my amp, than it's meant to use those connections when you use an external pre-amp. That way, you'll only use the Technics' poweramp and override any input/volume/tone control of the Technics amp.

And I wouldn't connect a cdplayer directly to those connections as you'll not be able to adjust the volume. It'll be full power all the time.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Kevin....Oh right thank you. it says this in the operating instructions...

Power amplifier direct switch (power amp direct)

This switch is used to listen to the sound from a component connected to the "POWER AMP DIRECT" terminals. When this switch is pressed inward to the "on" position, a superior level of tone quality can be obtained., because the signals from the component connected to the "POWER AMP DIRECT" terminals are sent directly to the volume control and power amp section of this unit. The mode selector, loudness switch, balance control and tone control circuit are bypassed.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
shawshankkid said:
Thanks Kevin....Oh right thank you. it says this in the operating instructions...

Power amplifier direct switch (power amp direct)

This switch is used to listen to the sound from a component connected to the "POWER AMP DIRECT" terminals. When this switch is pressed inward to the "on" position, a superior level of tone quality can be obtained., because the signals from the component connected to the "POWER AMP DIRECT" terminals are sent directly to the volume control and power amp section of this unit. The mode selector, loudness switch, balance control and tone control circuit are bypassed.

In that case, it would be more of a "pure direct" switch. That disables tone controle, balance, ... but the volume adjustment still works.

You can always try it and see how it goes.

A

Anonymous

Thank you kev & john......much appriciated.

If anyone else has any experience in this subject please add 8)

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
it seems a little obtuse of Technics really a) for giving it a misleading title and b) for substituting one switch (the source selector) for another (the 'power amp direct' switch) :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts