Porcupine Tree Anesthetize Blu-ray = stunning

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have just got round to watching this, been meaning to for ages. It's just fantastic to watch and listen to. I am listening in stereo and it is one of the most pleasurable audio / visual Experiences I have had at home.

A whole hearted recommendation. :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Agree with almost everything you say. I like to select 'Sleep Together' or 'Halo' then send the volume skyward. :) The 5.1 HD Soundtrack is great.

If only the picture quality was better. It's not bad, but Metallica's 'One Night In France' (or whatever it's called) shows how a live gig can look on blu-ray.

My only other issue is they don't play my fave songs. No 'Mellotron Scratch', no 'Lips of Ashes', no 'Glass Arm $hattering', and no 'Sound of Muzak'....... But then that's no fault of the disc, is it. ;)

A

Anonymous

Big Chris said:
Agree with almost everything you say. I like to select 'Sleep Together' or 'Halo' then send the volume skyward. :) The 5.1 HD Soundtrack is great. If only the picture quality was better. It's not bad, but Metallica's 'One Night In France' (or whatever it's called) shows how a live gig can look on blu-ray. My only other issue is they don't play my fave songs. No 'Mellotron Scratch', no 'Lips of Ashes', no 'Glass Arm $hattering', and no 'Sound of Muzak'....... But then that's no fault of the disc, is it. ;)

Hi Big Chris, What is the sound quality like on ' one night in Paris'?

p.s I have tickets to see Blackfield in April.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
brittondave said:
Big Chris said:
Agree with almost everything you say. I like to select 'Sleep Together' or 'Halo' then send the volume skyward. :) The 5.1 HD Soundtrack is great. If only the picture quality was better. It's not bad, but Metallica's 'One Night In France' (or whatever it's called) shows how a live gig can look on blu-ray. My only other issue is they don't play my fave songs. No 'Mellotron Scratch', no 'Lips of Ashes', no 'Glass Arm $hattering', and no 'Sound of Muzak'....... But then that's no fault of the disc, is it. ;)

Hi Big Chris, What is the sound quality like on ' one night in Paris'?

IIRC it's very good. I'll watch it again tonight to make sure.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I was a little disappointed with it, mainly for the set list. The picture definitely could have been better, too.

Another Live bluray that has a stonkingly good picture is Depeche Mode's 'Tour of the universe'. Dave's voice isn't at it's best on it, but the rest of the band sound tight as hell.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
bretty said:
I was a little disappointed with it, mainly for the set list. The picture definitely could have been better, too.

Yeah. I kind of agree. I can understand playing the whole F.O.A.B.P because they were touring that album, but they missed a lot of my faves from older albums. I wish I had a BD of 'The Incident' in its entirety.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris said:
bretty said:

Yeah. I kind of agree. I can understand playing the whole F.O.A.B.P because they were touring that album, but they missed a lot of my faves from older albums. I wish I had a BD of 'The Incident' in its entirety.

I went to see them when they played "The Incident" in its entirity. It sounds so much better live then the actual CD to my ears, which I found to be their weakest effort. Fantastic live band.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts