Poorly Cambridge Audio Azur CD player:(

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,my Cambridge Audio Azur (V1) cd player has finally started to give up the ghost after nearly 7 years of great service.Have been looking at the Award Winning Marantz CD6003 - with this player in mind,will I notice a major improvement in overall sound,or am I just as well off looking for a bargain replacement of what I already have? I use the Sony STR-DA2400ES amp,AE 109 speakers.Any advice appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Get another CA cd player. I like my CA340C. Can always use it with an external DAC.

A

Anonymous

the display is giving up,it doesn't load many cd's any more and skips on the ones it does choose to load!! the sound seems to have lost its edge of late.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Get one of those lens cleaning cds or better still whip the top off and give the lens a clean with solvent on a cottonbud.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like it's provided a good service over the years & has come to the end of it's days.

You could, as people have mentioned, remove the cover & lubricate the lens arm at it's pivotal point.

Use a silicon based lubricant, Maplins do one; worth a go.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't repair it! think of it as a very good excuse to buy new hifi. After all the fun you had for 7 years, working it out as cost per day...Nothing!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

You might also use this as an excuse to get rid of the CD player altogether.

Rip your CDs and buy a decent DAC. For what's left of the CDP budget, you'll get harddrives to store enough music for the rest of your life...

TRENDING THREADS