Point me in the right direction

Jinks292

May 23, 2021
Visit site
As a lucky owner of a Leena quasar amp and been listening through a pair of castle Harlech speakers for almost 18 months now , it has come time to upgrade the speakers , I am looking for some advice on possible makes of speaker that would compliment the Leema ,I do like the sound of the castle speakers but think I need a speaker capable of handling the leema amp , any help would be very much appreciated .
Tia Martyn

Jinks292

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Budget?
Room sizeable might be useful for suggestions.
Can you get to audition any?
Nice amp by the way....
Thanks for the reply Al ears ,
Some more information room size 7x5 meters ,speakers positioned along narrow width,budget sub £2000 preferably less ,currently using audio lab CDT for a large collection and a goldnote volare TT (upgraded from a luxman pd264 about 1year ago) for an ever growing vinyl collection mostly from my teen years in the mid seventys. Location wise just east of Marlborough so access to many good hifi dealers within an hour .
Thanks again Martyn

As a lucky owner of a Leena quasar amp and been listening through a pair of castle Harlech speakers for almost 18 months now , it has come time to upgrade the speakers , I am looking for some advice on possible makes of speaker that would compliment the Leema ,I do like the sound of the castle speakers but think I need a speaker capable of handling the leema amp , any help would be very much appreciated .
Tia Martyn
Hiya. Well, well....

Leema Quasar owners are hens teeth.

I've recently auditioned a few speakers with my original Pulse. The best by far are the Dali Rubicons. You could also consider Neat Acoustics. I auditioned the RX2, small floorstander and really impressive in many respects.

Others to consider are Amphions, Spendor, Dynaudio....

Ignoramus here: What's the thing with the Leema amps... are they some sort of holy grail? Hard to get? Discontinued? Unaffordable?
No. They make fabulous amps for the money. They don't have as many retail outlets than companies such as Arcam, Roksan, Cyrus. Leema retailers are no fewer than Harbeth, Denefrips, and many other popular brands. Yet for some reason they tend to get overlooked. No idea why.

Tia Martyn
Go and audition a few different brands. I love my old PMC TB2i, but the Dali Rubicon 2s add something extra. They also punch and have the bass depth of a small floorstander (of a similar price). If you buy a speaker in the region of £300 (used price), you still won't get the best from the Quasar. That is in line with the Tucana, which I've owned in the past.

Jinks292

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Afternoon all ,first thing I must apologise to Plastic Penguin for not replying to his posts for some reason you were on ignore in my settings I could see post count rising but not see your posts . So the search is still ongoing for speakers kicking myself for missing out on a second hand pair of Spendor d7 just before Christmas , been looking through most dealers pre owned ex demo stock for a while just waiting for something to show up demoed a couple of speakers in audio t Swindon but new price is a little rich for me so good second hand is another option

Reactions: Al ears
Afternoon all ,first thing I must apologise to Plastic Penguin for not replying to his posts for some reason you were on ignore in my settings I could see post count rising but not see your posts . So the search is still ongoing for speakers kicking myself for missing out on a second hand pair of Spendor d7 just before Christmas , been looking through most dealers pre owned ex demo stock for a while just waiting for something to show up demoed a couple of speakers in audio t Swindon but new price is a little rich for me so good second hand is another option
Lousy excuse 😋

The quality of the Quasar needs top notch speakers. I demoed Amphion Argon 1, Neat SX2 and Dali Rubicon 2.

I would also look at a used pair of Totem Arros. Work well with Leema and can be purchased for around £500

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts