pmc twenty 21 falling in love!

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Happy new year every1.

This is my third week with the 21s and all I can say is that I am falling in love with them. I might have been a little critical about them in my last post but did say that these speakers deserve to be given more time.
More I listen to music more I want to listen, Infact I have bought some more cds to add to my collection which I haven't done in long time.
These speakers sound just great. Everything they do, they do it amazingly.
So plastic penguin this is my Bragg about the 21s.

They are in a complete different league than my old cm5s. Mathewpiano you were right on the money when you said these will be a big step up from bw.

I am not thinking about the 805d anymore.
Now I have got my eyes and mind set on Tucana 2. Need to find an exdem/exdisplay at an affordable price.

Thanks for reading.

Well done. They sound a bit special.

"More I listen to music more I want to listen, Infact I have bought some more cds to add to my collection which I haven't done in long time.
These speakers sound just great. Everything they do, they do it amazingly."

I did say they may take a while for you to adjust to the different presentation.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Admittedly I like PMCs - heard some DB1 golds recently and preferred them to the the LS50 - in actual fact I thought the LS50s were very bloated - but it's all down to personal taste.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Admittedly I like PMCs - heard some DB1 golds recently and preferred them to the the LS50 - in actual fact I thought the LS50s were very bloated - but it's all down to personal taste. 

Heard the ls50 with mf m3i a couple of years ago didn't think much of them bw cm1 sounded a lot better TBH. PMC 21s, however are in complete different league once you get them properly run in.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Freddy58 said:
CnoEvil said:
stevebrock said:
I dare not say the LS50 imo were a load of over rated s****** I might get lynch mobbed

Why?

It is only an opinion, after all.....even if it's a s****** one! *biggrin*

Opinions are like @holes, everybody has one *biggrin*......

and guess what @holes are full of! *diablo*

Yup, which is why we shouldn't get too carried away and take things too seriously
thumbs_up.gif

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Freddy58 said:
CnoEvil said:
stevebrock said:
I dare not say the LS50 imo were a load of over rated s****** I might get lynch mobbed

Why?

It is only an opinion, after all.....even if it's a s****** one! *biggrin*

Opinions are like @holes, everybody has one *biggrin*......

and guess what @holes are full of! *diablo*

Condoms filled with cocaine? Sorry I don't follow? Is he a drug mule?

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Funny, I've just had the opposite experience last month. I've read so many good things about the PMCs I decided to give them a try. Had the Twenty 21s on home demo and returned them as I felt they just didn't have enought in the low end and were a tad too bright. Instead I took a pair of LS50s home and was so impressed with them, I've decided to keep the KEFs. To each his own I guess.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Those are great speakers and they thrive with great amplification. Electrocompanient pairs great with the PMCs maybe you could look at that in the future.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
shafesk said:
Those are great speakers and they thrive with great amplification. Electrocompanient pairs great with the PMCs maybe you could look at that in the future. 

Cheers for that,
Just splash out on a sacd player, marantz sa8005. In terms of amplification I am thinking more of a Leema tucana2, although it might took a couple of years to justify spending such money considering I have spent almost 3k on hifis in last couple of months.

D

Deleted member 108165

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
shafesk said:

Cheers for that, Just splash out on a sacd player, marantz sa8005. In terms of amplification I am thinking more of a Leema tucana2, although it might took a couple of years to justify spending such money considering I have spent almost 3k on hifis in last couple of months.

Welcome to the money pit
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS