PMC TB2i loudspeakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. was wondering if anyone has heard these new speakers from PMC. i'm looking around for a pair of standmounts around for around 1K. They will be to go with primare A30.2 power amp, primare i21 integrated and the primare CD21 with ecosse ms3.2 cables. any suggestions would be most welcome!!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JAXON5"]ok you can all answer......................NOW[/quote]

Wait for it... wait for it...

A

Anonymous

hey i count that as a reply! now i can relax hehe. man otherwise it would have been embarassing

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]any suggestions would be most welcome[/quote]

Not embarrassing, dont worry. They're all just busy discussing cables, well, jumpers, wrestlers and other hifi accessories.

I believe AE is a pmc user with some experience. Perhaps he will reply once the issue of jumpers has been solved.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, I dont know the models you mention either. You dont say what you listen for, how big your room is etc but I'd add Ruark Sabres III to the list of standmounts. Lovely speakers but not mainstream so rarely mentioned.

A

Anonymous

jumpers, jumpers , jumpers!!! oh jumpers. actually i was going to grab a set myself (at least then i can stop wondering whether thy'd make any difference). probably wasted and will waste more money on even more silly things. Power Kord anyone?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]
jumpers, jumpers , jumpers!!! oh jumpers. actually i was going to grab a set myself (at least then i can stop wondering whether thy'd make any difference). probably wasted and will waste more money on even more silly things. Power Kord anyone?
[/quote]

What?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
Unfortunately, I dont know the models you mention either. You dont say what you listen for, how big your room is etc but I'd add Ruark Sabres III to the list of standmounts. Lovely speakers but not mainstream so rarely mentioned.
[/quote]

Ruark are where it's at. Nobody knows them and they make SUBLIME speakers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JAXON5"]
Power Kord anyone?
[/quote]

Another K where it should be a C and I'll have to make an official komplaint to Linn.

A

Anonymous

Give the Spendor SA1 a whirl. You might find them a bit light but it depends on your listening position, room, etc. Ruark speakers are indeed very good though! I wanted to try the PMC TB2i's but nobody stocks them. My local hifi store didn't like the older varient, no idea why.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="igglebert"]Give the Spendor SA1 a whirl. You might find them a bit light but it depends on your listening position, room, etc. Ruark speakers are indeed very good though! I wanted to try the PMC TB2i's but nobody stocks them. My local hifi store didn't like the older varient, the no idea why.[/quote].

hi igglebert. ill take a look at the spendors. I will audition PMCs though if its the last thing i do on this earth! I'm just fascinated by the studio speakers they're famous not to mention their more than impressive client list (BBC included). Also they're relatively tall for a standmount 43cm i think so bass response should be good. anyway when i get round to testing them out ill let u all know how it went!

A

Anonymous

Hope bumping an old thread isn't frowned upon here, but I just had a chance to in home demo these for a couple of days. They are magnificent. A bit of a laid back speaker, huge bass, a very sweet treble that never gets harsh, and the mid range and bass is so lush and rich sounding it's crazy. This was really my first extended listen to what I would call a high end speaker and the difference versus entry level speakers is huge. I thought my Tannoys were great, maybe they are for their price, but in absolute terms no chance. The PMC's were powered with an Audiolab 8000S integrated.

One day I will probably own the TB2i, just not sure if I can justify the expense right now though. By the way, I also did the knuckle test and there is no cabinet resonance at all. It's a totally dead sound with the PMCs. You may as well be knocking on a block of ice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts