PMC OB1 vs Proac D25

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there a big benefit in getting the older PMC OB1 compared to Proac D25? Also is there much of a difference between the old PMC OB1 and the new PMC OB1i?
Cheers,

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well, they're quite a different speaker. I assume you have the D25's? I'd say moving to the OB1's would be a little bit of a sideways step as far as quality is concerned, but obviously they'll have their own type of sound. I can't comment on how much better the OB1i's are than the OB1's, as we became a dealer towards the end of the end of the 'non I' series, so I didn't become familiar enough with them to give you a valid comparison.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
chris hollands said:
Being as the 1i s are almost twice as much the earlier 1s they should be better !!!

haven't heard the old ones myself, but all I keep hearing is that the 1is are a considerable improvement. Price comparison is a bit tricky I think, I am sure the OB1is were quite a bit cheaper when they first dropped than they are now.

A

Anonymous

No i have the choice of new PMC OB1 (not i) or second hand D25 and i am running a NAP 140 amp. It is a very difficult choice given factors such as cost and the 140 limitations. The PMCs are new and have 5 years warranty.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can only guess as I've never heard modern PMC or ProAc speakers with Naim's olive stuff, which is a little leaner and brighter than current Naim. I think the treble might be a little much with the PMC's, but overall I think they'll be easier to drive than the D25's. I know it might be awkward, but I really would recommend a demo with both of these.

TRENDING THREADS