PMC Fact 12 vs twenty.26

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Anybody compared the PMC fact 12 to the twenty.26? I ultimately want to go to the fact 12 but if the twenty.26 will give me 97% of the sound I'd love to save all that money.

I have the fact 8 now and love them. But my room is fairly big so the 12 would be a better match.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
jaxwired said:
CnoEvil said:
jaxwired said:
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

You also need to have the Kef Ref 5s on your radar*diablo*

Yeah, they are, right after the fact 12s. Think the 12s are probably better but pure speculation as I've heard neither.

The Blades are the best I've heard and the Ref 5s should give a good taste of that. Haven't heard the Facts though.

I would not be inclined to rush into a speaker decision until you've heard your current models with your Devialet and SAM. If the hype bears fruit, and having heard Devs without SAM on several occasions there is no doubt in my mind how close these amps are to straight wire with gain, I'd expect them to sound much better.

I appreciate that in larger rooms bigger speakers would seem to make more sense, but the KEF and PMC both use small multiple drivers, so the cabinet is less dominant. Would you consider B&Ws 800 diamonds, as I've seen the odd pair at around ten grand?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
I would not be inclined to rush into a speaker decision until you've heard your current models with your Devialet and SAM. If the hype bears fruit, and having heard Devs without SAM on several occasions there is no doubt in my mind how close these amps are to straight wire with gain, I'd expect them to sound much better.

I appreciate that in larger rooms bigger speakers would seem to make more sense, but the KEF and PMC both use small multiple drivers, so the cabinet is less dominant. Would you consider B&Ws 800 diamonds, as I've seen the odd pair at around ten grand?

Well, the fact 8s will have plenty of chance to impress as it will be a bit before I can buy new speakers having just dropped a bundle on the devialet 200.

I will say that the pmc fact 8s disappear more and provide the clearest window to my music I've heard from any of the myriad of previous speakers I've owned. I'm quite enamored with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts