Plinius 9200 and B&W 802 Diamond

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone any experience with this combo? Can the Plinius 9200 do justice to these speakers?

I have recently been offered a really good deal on the B&W's, which I auditioned with the owner's MUCH more expensive Plinius pre/power combination. I live too far from the owner to easily take my amp over to test the speakers, or to bring the speakers to my house for an audition.

All thoughts welcome

Slovo:
Has anyone any experience with this combo? Can the Plinius 9200 do justice to these speakers?

I have recently been offered a really good deal on the B&W's, which I auditioned with the owner's MUCH more expensive Plinius pre/power combination. I live too far from the owner to easily take my amp over to test the speakers, or to bring the speakers to my house for an audition.

All thoughts welcome

Hi Slovo

The Plinius 9200 is an excellent amplifier and will happily work with the 802's however i feel the speakers could do with even superior amplification.

You could start off with using your 9200 with the 802's and then later on use the 9200 as a pre amp and add a power amp such as the Plinius SB-301.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Slovo, never heard the plinius before, i have listened to the 802 diamonds on the end of a Classe CA-2200 power amp and boy you could hear exactly what the speakers are capable of, quite frightening.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Rick - sounds like a viable upgrade path. I know the 802s are in a different league to the amp, but they are being offered at a wonderful price. I think I will move on this one.

Thanks JohnnyJazz. I spent about 2 hours listening to the 802s and they are indeed very very good.

Slovo:
Many thanks Rick - sounds like a viable upgrade path. I know the 802s are in a different league to the amp, but they are being offered at a wonderful price. I think I will move on this one.

Thanks JohnnyJazz. I spent about 2 hours listening to the 802s and they are indeed very very good.

Hi Slovo

Your welcome.

Yes, later on add a Plinius power amp such as the SB-301, SA-103 or SA-Reference and watch these amps (with their speaker frying current delivery) bounce the 802's around the room !
emotion-2.gif

Btw, what colour are the 802's in please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hey Slovo, what price have you been able to achieve for the 802 Diamonds?

Is it exclusive to yourself/one customer or are you able to arrange another deal on them?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi.
They are a dark mahogany colour. The dealer on behalf of a client is asking around £5,000 for them, which is a very good price.

Sadly I am not the in the UK, so I doubt this deal is of use to you Vinny7.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts