Please rec an amplifier for this system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Love reading the forum and learning what's what. I first bought a small system as a student around 20 years ago and, as that system sat unused in the UK while I worked abroad, I didn't feel I wanted to add a replacement in my new home, until recently.

Basically I'm seeking recommendations for a new amplifier in a similar price bracket and likely to bring the best out of my new purchases.

I recently bought a Denon 520AE CD player, some Cambridge Audio S30 speakers, and some Chord Cable Carnival Silver Screen cables.

I am powering this with a very old Rotel RA820A amp.

So, what could work well with my new set up?

Thanks for any forthcoming advice.

Mike

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
thou of an inch said:
Hi everyone,

Love reading the forum and learning what's what. I first bought a small system as a student around 20 years ago and, as that system sat unused in the UK while I worked abroad, I didn't feel I wanted to add a replacement in my new home, until recently.

Basically I'm seeking recommendations for a new amplifier in a similar price bracket and likely to bring the best out of my new purchases.

I recently bought a Denon 520AE CD player, some Cambridge Audio S30 speakers, and some Chord Cable Carnival Silver Screen cables.

I am powering this with a very old Rotel RA820A amp.

So, what could work well with my new set up?

Thanks for any forthcoming advice.

Mike
Hi Mike what is your budget your musical taste and room size and welcome to the forum:) :)

Jame5

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Mike, I'm assuming "similar price bracket" means less than £200. For that sort of money I would definitely not buy new: ebay is always flooded with equipment that's just a few years old from the price bracket above. You should be able to pick up an absolute bargain as someone seeks to upgrade their system. Also, if you don't like it you can just sell it on for about the same money (or possibly more if you get lucky!). For example, you should be able to pick up a cambridge audio 640a for way under your budget, which would easily match the quality of your other components.

Having said that I don't know anything about your current amp, so have no idea how much improvement you'd hear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts