Please advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system. I have zeroed down on the MS 902i as i am getting it for a really bargain price.

I am really confused between the Marantz PM6002 vs CA 540A v2 amplifiers. I couldn't compare them together as none of the show rooms have both the amps together. Although have heard them individually & felt that they both sonuded pretty good. But really can't compare as have heard them at different locations with different speakers & different acoustical environment. And there is not much difference between the pricing.

Which one would suit the 902i's better as the Marantz has got really nice reviews whereas both MS & CA are from the same parent familly, so logically should sound good together.

I listen to all kind music - rock, classical, trance, techno, etc. Though i also love to listen to music with lots of vocals.

Please give me your valuable advice & thank you in advance for you time.

Ankan:

Hi,

I am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system. I have zeroed down on the MS 902i as i am getting it for a really bargain price.

I am really confused between the Marantz PM6002 vs CA 540A v2 amplifiers. I couldn't compare them together as none of the show rooms have both the amps together. Although have heard them individually & felt that they both sonuded pretty good. But really can't compare as have heard them at different locations with different speakers & different acoustical environment. And there is not much difference between the pricing.

Which one would suit the 902i's better as the Marantz has got really nice reviews whereas both MS & CA are from the same parent familly, so logically should sound good together.

I listen to all kind music - rock, classical, trance, techno, etc. Though i also love to listen to music with lots of vocals.

Please give me your valuable advice & thank you in advance for you time.

Why are you so set on either the Marantz or Cambridge? There's nothing wrong with them, especially the Marantz. I just believe the 902's are are better suited to either Nad or Arcam.

The Marantz is brilliant but it can be a tad lively at the top end, whereas the Nad or Arcam are slightly more controlled in the aforementioned area. You can pick up some good deals on the A65 Plus at the moment on ebay, if that floats your boat.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to audition the NAD as well but we don't have NAD in our city so its hard to get & the after sales service might be a problem (in case of any problem).

That's why the choice is between the Marantz & the CA as i am getting both of them at almost the same price, easily available & assured after sales service.

Is CA brighter tham the M?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts