Please advice me on combination phono/digital

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just moved and all of a sudden my 25-year old NAD receiver does not work anymore. Now I'm in utter confusion about what to do. I've got loads of digital music (on my computer and ipod) but I've also got a phono-player that I still want to use. Besides the NAD receiver I've got a tuner and a cd-player. And two speakers of which at least one needs replacing. I've looked at micro-sets, but have no idea whether that's the best option for me. Also I don't think they have the possibility to hook up my phono-player. On the other hand it would be nice to be able to also listen to my digital music through my stereo. My budget is limited, but could be more if I just knew that I was buying something that is geared towards the future. If someone could advice me, that would be great!

A

Anonymous

I like the Onkyo 8050 for this purpose. See my post near the end of

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/onkyo-tx-8050-alert-its-arrived-its-arrived?page=28

It will bypass the iPod DAC and gives excellent iPod control. There are phono inputs and a grounding screw. The phono section of the amp is not perfect but perfectly usable. It's also a network receiver (for streaming music via the web) but I haven't used that yet. Mine was $260.00 shipped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts