playing apple lossless through windows media centre

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI can anyone give me pointers on playing my apple lossless .m4a files through windows media centre

i have tried loading codec's in as suggested by several webistes etc but still can get media centre to see them.

thanks

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Bit more info would be helpful, what OS you using XP, VISTA , 7? and what have you downloaded, probably just a littlr config issue but need more to assist

SteveR750

I cant play m4a files on either WMP or J River. I suspect its DRM protection, despite the fact they are MP3 files that I bought online (not itunes) and imported into itunes a couple of years ago.

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are not using it already, try xACT - works flawleesly for me if I want to copy music from my Macbook to use on the PC at work.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, I suppose it would !!!!

Running windows 7 64-bit and current version of windows media centre, have downloaded 3ivx, K-Lite and others that I have seen on web that they say work.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Windows Media Centre and Windows Media Player under Windows 7 do not play Apple Lossless by default. They did in the release candidate of Windows 7 but this was removed before release. You can get Windows Media Player to play apple lossless by installing a quicktime from apple and a quicktime DirectShow filter (link to filter: http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/quicktime/).

However, even with this installed under Windows Media Player the media will be listed in Other Media and not as music with the correct tags. Windows Media Centre will not list them at all.

If you don't want to use Itunes then you will need to use some other player. I think there are tools out there that allow you to integrate other players into Media Centre but I loss interest by the time I got to that point.

SteveR750

I would recommend you ditch Windows Media Player and iTunes if using a PC, as neither offer the best functionality / sound quality. There are plenty of third party players that will play just about any codec, and are much more customisable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts