plasma indecision stopping me getting one! Help -Pioneer 4280xd or 5080xd???!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My viewing will be

80% SD from Humas 9200T
20% DVD from new DVD player for about £400 (either upscaling or HD)

Viewing day to day is from two settees, each perpendicular to the set with the mid seat, typically viewing from 2.3 metres (7 ft 6 inches), however for saturday night DVD movie etc settee is moved giving viewing distance of prob fraction under 3 metres (9ft 10 inches).

I am between 4280xd and 5080xd, What should I buy?

42 and am always thinking its not that much bigger than my 33"CRT,
50 and am always thinking the SD quality, day-to-day, is not that good after spending loads!!!! (from my viewing distance)

A

Anonymous

Why do you move the sofa on "movie night" ?!

I would suggest you're right, at 50inches, surely SD is going to suffer badly...

Axum

A

Anonymous

I think the sd on that set at 50" will still be marvelous !!

Dont settle for the 42. you'll only regret it

A

Anonymous

And I optimistically thought would get few replies all agreeing which way I should go! If only it was that easy!

Any other thoughts or experiences anyone?

Re moving furniture, because of strange room layout with doors fire etc and fitting furniture already owned into room we moved to etc, the settees work best and look best opposite each other which is either side of the tv but side on. So its left like this when tv not used etc (being living room) but is moved for optimin viewing when sit down for movie etc

A

Anonymous

50" does seem a bit big with an everyday viewing distance of 7' 6". However if anything can pull it of, then the Pioneer can (except possibly the pdp-lx508d ?). At least you would be 'future proof' should you move to a bigger house.

A

Anonymous

For what you want out of your TV....get something a bit cheaper . For the HUMAX and SD DVDS, if your heart is set on a 50incher, then go for the Samsung PS50Q97HDX which you can pick up now for around £999.00

A

Anonymous

Why do you suggest something cheaper?

My heart is not set on 50 or 42, I am really undecided as per the first post!

Just want the best picture quality for the use and viewing distance.

A

Anonymous

Then go for the PDP-LX508D. Have you got a friendly dealer near you that will lend you a demo 50" from , say, Saturday afternoon to Monday morning? It may help you get a feel for the thing.

Good Luck. Hope you post the outcome.

A

Anonymous

Hadn't even thought about that -would that really be a possibility with dealers?

A

Anonymous

You can but ask. Not a chain perhaps, but an independent might. Offer a returnable deposit, and pay for their time to go around and set it all up. Should you end up buying from them, then this charge could be deducted from the final bill.

Turn up with a big smiley face(don't telephone) and explain your situation. They may even volunteer what I have suggested without you needing to ask.

If I was spending the money you are, then I certainly would. And if I was the retailer potentially going to receive that money, then I would too !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts