Pioneer upcoming hi-fi separates??

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

i've read the Pioneer N-50 streamer review. It looks the part!

Does anybody knows if en when the new line-up is going to be reveiled?:?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Don't worry, I've unpublished your duplicate post. When replying to a post, just click the 'Save' button.

Re Pioneer, don't think we've got any other hi-fi components due imminently.

A

Anonymous

Will the magazine be reviewing any of the latest Pioneer hi-fi seperates launched back in May / june time?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The N-50 has been available for a while, indeed, I believe it has had a recent price cut following similar moves by Marantz.There are some newly released components such as the A-70 amp which is stunningly good if you like a slightly bright and highly detailed sound - the best amp Pioneer has made since the A400, and also comes with an in-built DAC and option to bypass the pre-amp. - the P-50 CD / SACD player etc. Unfortunately, there is no direct match to the A-70 in the CD range. But an A70, together with a P-50 and N-50 provide the basis of a modern and great value for money system - just add some speakers which can 'tame' (to me) the brightness if you like a more 'natural' sound.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much S.Coates for the reply.

Do you have any idea how that Pioneer system would compare to similarly priced Marantz / Rotel / Cambridge Audio systems?

Just want a budget(ish) system to enjoy a wide range of music

If anyone from the magazine is reading, how about that for a group test?

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

In some ways Pioneer and Marantz are opposite ends of the spectrum. The best of Pioneer tends to be detailed and quite bright, demonstrating great insight into the music for the money, ironcally, given that much of their more expensive stuff is tuned in the UK, I find they sound very American in approach. Marantz are engineered to be warmer and less detailed, more 'analogue' sounding if you like, with focus upon mid-range smoothness and power. Whether one is better than the other is purely subjective, and obviously also depends on what the partnering kit is. As I said, the A-70 is great for the money, but my own preference would be the Marantz when it comes to amp and cd, the PearlLite combo at now around £1300 is a steal, although, the plasticky side cheeks looks dreadful to my mind but they are removable. In the UK, Marantz spans a broad section of price points whereas we don't get the high end Pioneer sells in Japan - some of their speakers are incredible! For streaming, the Pioneer N-50 offers the front album /track info screen the Marantz lacks, but having heard both, they each sound 'true' to their brand sound. I think you would need to be careful about matching either really - Marantz need lively speakers but with Pioneer something more laid back. I would say Rotel is somewhere in between Marantz and Pioneer as regards approach, arguably more natural than both but also haven't really heard much of their latest stuff, the 12 series though has been very well received. For some reason, I've always equated Rotel with being a budget brand, which is grossly unfair and far from the truth but, still, it has always put me off listening to them. Same with Cambridge Audio, when first launched the standard of finish was bad and even now stuff like displays look several generations out of date but review after review is always incredibly popular - I've even heard them described as high end sound at bargain basement prices. I think you wouldn't go far wrong with any of the four manufacturers; they are all well respected and really none of them is going to make products you'll regret buying - much more to do with the functionality and type of sound you like, and how they fit with any exisitng equipment and/or speakers. You didn't mention Denon, which these days is the sister company of Marantz; price-wise these are positioned slightly cheaper (for reasons I don't really understand as they share much of the same technology but I know some people equate Marantz to being the 'hi-fi' brand if that makes sense) but again using the Marantz and Pioneer analogy, they are much closer to the Pioneer sound. As I said, the Pioneer A70 is fantastic for the money with absolute care taken over its construction using internal 'walls' to mitigate noise between the dac, pre and power amp sections but Marantz would be my preference but it's strictly a personal thing and I would 100% understand if someone else preferred the Pioneer - which also has the benefit of the dac!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I heard the new A-30 amp recently. Great sound..........warm and detailed. Not sounding digital at all.......

Built like a tank :)

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Cypher said:
I heard the new A-30 amp recently. Great sound..........warm and detailed. Not sounding digital at all.......

Built like a tank :)

Hi Cypher,

How would you say it compares to the usual budget suspects? (NAD, Marantz...etc).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts