Pioneer SC-LX86 and AE Radiance 3 (5.1) - good ccombination?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for good set for HT and music purpose. As a CD player I want to use Pioneer BDP-LX91. One of my colleague suggested me AE Radiance 3 set of speakers as very good in both - home theater and stereo music. The issue is that in Poland where I live AE are not very popular and I can't find any information about AE Radiance 3 and Pioneer SC-LX86.

BTW - the same colleague also suggested me model Pioneer SC-LX76 as it is cheaper than LX86 and he suggested to buy separate stereo ampli as due to his opinion - AV receivers will not be so good as stereo ampi for music.

Any suggestions?

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
The Radiance package is a good one. It's detailed and dynamic. My only concern would be their slight lack of treble refinement. As good as the Pioneer is, it has a brighter, leaner sound than its rivals. Put the two together and it may not sound particularly sweet. If you can stretch to it, KEF's R100 package is well worth a listen.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I already bought AE Radiance 5.1 set. For me, with old Pioneer VSX-LX70 the sound is OK, but in the future I want to change this ampli on something new. I was thinking about SC-LX86 but a was told to wait for CA Azur 751R as it will be great in stereo and HT also. What do you think about such combination (CA 751R and AE Radiance 3)?

markdk100

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm using Radiance 3's, Radiance centre and Radiance 1's as surrounds with a Pioneer LX85 and find the sound excellent.

The Pioneer is the 4th amp I've had this year trying to find a good partner for the radiance series. Previous amps being Denon 4311, Yamaha 3010 and Onkyo 818. These amps left me feeling dissapointed especially with music and that perhaps I needed to change my speaker set up. The Pioneer was a last attempt before selling them and what a partnership they make.

2 channel stereo sounds phenominal as do movies. Spending time setting the mcacc correctly pays dividends and there's a couple of posts here on the forums I found extremely helpful. If you don't need any of the new features of the LX86 then the LX85 can be had for about £1000 which is a bargain.

I can honestly say hearing the Pioneer with the Radiance package has been a revalation..........

A

Anonymous

Hi,

markdk100 - you even know how long I was looking for information about Pioneer + AE Radiance...

Thank you very much for this. Also you confirmed what I heard - that it is necessary to make corrections in MCACC settings. If you can send me some useful links (I'm new on this forum and feel a little lost here - at least now) I will be grateful.

TRENDING THREADS