Pioneer FD-51 £299 Price Confirmation Ritcher Sounds

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
emotion-1.gif
Ok i know this should be in the Hot Deals section, but i guess this is read more on this part of the site.

I have just been contacted by customer services from Ritcher Sounds re the Pioneer FD-51 Blu-ray Player some of you have contacted them regarding the price which varies from £319 to £329. However in HiFi Choice Magazine it is clearly advertised at £299 and is priced at this until April [terms and conditions] it would seem that customer services and managment were unaware of this price and stated that there marketing dept did not know either
emotion-6.gif
anyway i have just received a call from Ritcher Sounds and they have stated that anyone calling or going in store needs to tell them that the price they have seen is in the Mag, then they will should honour that price of £299, so just to recap this player is advertised in HiFi Choice Magazine, this months issue for £299.

If it helps should anyone have any problems with getting this price should anyone want to buy this model, just let me know on this thread and i will happily take up any issues with ritcher sounds, or you can contact them directly yourself, but i have made contact with them now and they are aware of this, they have said it is not a miss print or error but an offer which they have with a few mags including What HiFi so there you go folks thats my good deed for the day.

To the what HiFi team i hope this ok with you putting this info on this thread and informing everyone about this issue, i felt if people were calling ritcher sounds and being told a different price than advertised this was unfair, so i am just passing the info on to all forum members Many thanks
emotion-19.gif

Andy

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I thought Richer Sounds price-match only applied to products "In Stock" and where the price includes next day delivery...?

I know a guy who owns a shop that's regularly called for pricematch by his local Richer Sounds. he's got caller-ID and so when he sees a call coming through from them, he always says he has the item new, boxed and ready to issue!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
We will happily price beat against other web retailers (must include
next day P&P when products can't be collected) as long as we can
verify stocks.

Maybe your friend should put them on indefinite hold ...
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
pioneer7:To the what HiFi team i hope this ok with you putting this info on this thread

Absolutely, but I do think you could have managed to mention Hi-Fi Choice a few more times. Gawd knows they need every reader they can get.

Oh, and it's Richer Sounds...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:Hi-Fi Choice?

Yes.

Big Aura:Never read that - are you recommending them?

No, and it seems you're not alone.

Big Aura:Should I cancel my WHFS&V subscription??

And no, however much I believe in looking after the less fortunate.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Big Aura:Hi-Fi Choice?

Yes.

Big Aura:Never read that - are you recommending them?

No, and it seems you're not alone.

Big Aura:Should I cancel my WHFS&V subscription??

And no, however much I believe in looking after the less fortunate.

Do you watch the "News Teams' streetfight" in Anchorman often?!?

A

Anonymous

Thing how good is the pioneer? If you already have a blu spinner such as the sony 550 is the pioneer better enough too warrant an upgrade?

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

pioneer7:To the what HiFi team i hope this ok with you putting this info on this thread

Absolutely, but I do think you could have managed to mention Hi-Fi Choice a few more times. Gawd knows they need every reader they can get.

Oh, and it's Richer Sounds...

Why do they need every reader they can get andrew? Do you think What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision is a better magazine than your rival Hi-Fi Choice? Are you sure you aren't biased on this matter andrew?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. Thanks, Rorschach.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Garethwd

I am pretty sure there was a thread on this very subject but can not find it, Clare stated that the FD-51 was a step up in PQ and Sound over the sonys and panasonics, but may be best if you can is go and see one in action, i have seen the pioneer on dem and is very good indeed it is as good as the LX-71 in PQ and Sound terms, but cheaper looks very nice to.

Andy

TRENDING THREADS