pioneer 50 90 + home cinema for 4k

chubber

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
I've got a new room to play in and am going to get a pioneer 50 90, based on reveiws and what you guys say in here.

Am i going to get the best out of the tv with this kit

Yamaha DSPAX863SE

Panasonic DMP BD55

B&W 685 Theatre

This fits my budget but i could stretch it a bit if something else is really going to make a difference.

Thanks for any advice

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
It can but it is reliant on a firmware update whenever (if ever) that may happen. There must be a hidden agenda by pioneer. Even though not important to me that particular update has been delayed again and again (probably because of the introduction of the flagship 91).

It's a lovely player but I would steer you away from pionee if DTS/MA is a priority. A lot of people have been waiting for the promised update and quite honest, they (pioneer) deserve to loose business because of the quite frankly unneccessary delays.

Buy one of the new panasonics instead.

A

Anonymous

I don't think you'll be disappointed. However the speakers you've picked out can easily handle better amplification. If you can pull together another £200/300 you could get yourself a V1900. You'll also get better video processing with this model, which may or may not be of interest.ÿ

Hi Chubber

Internal decoding within the Blu-ray player should not really be a concern as the 863SE will decode the soundtracks.

beaverme is right in that as good as the 863SE is if you can stretch your budget than the RX-V1900 is better.

RX-V1900 + BD35

Btw, you might also want to consider speakers from Monitor Audio as they work really well with Yamaha AV amps.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

chubber:

I've got a new room to play in and am going to get a pioneer 50 90, based on reveiws and what you guys say in here.

Am i going to get the best out of the tv with this kit

Yamaha DSPAX863SE

Panasonic DMP BD55

B&W 685 Theatre

This fits my budget but i could stretch it a bit if something else is really going to make a difference.

Thanks for any advice

First of all, The Panasonic DMP BD55 has been discontinued. So DMP BD35 is your best bet. But I would suggest you wait for the new Panasonic DMP BD60 which is coming out any time now. It has more features. Even the price of the DMP BD35 will crash when the newer model launches. Yamaha RX-V1900 is better if your budget allows it. I've just auditioned it, and it's superb. Have already placed the order. I got it for £780 (price matching online prices by my local dealer).

chubber

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice guys. it was helpful to get some feedback.In the end i went for

Pioneer 5090 tv with 51 fd bd player

yamaha rxv 1900

b&w 685 theatre

It sounds and looks great but i cant get surround sound from tv tuner. do i need an optical digital cable from tv to amp as well as hdmi.

Thanks again for any help

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the HDMI on the amp is an output and on the TV, it's an input. The only 'output' from the TV over HDMI are CEC control functions i.e. Kuro Link/Bravia Sync/Veria Link etc. The audio is not output. You will need an audio cable to the amp to benefit from dolby pro logic from the TV's tuner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts