pink on my pioneer

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi, i have a pionner lx 508,when no input is selected my display goes pinkish reddish colour,i have spoken to pionner they say this is normal???.ihave only three months left on my warranty,i am very worried about this.has anybody had this problem and been able to sort it. cheers david

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi, i have a pionner lx 508,when no input is selected my display goes pinkish reddish colour,i have spoken to pionner they say this is normal???.ihave only three months left on my warranty,i am very worried about this.has anybody had this problem and been able to sort it. cheers david

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
sorry about that guys/no good with computers or spelling lol.

i have a pioneer lx 508d with this glow on the screen.

pioneer lx 508d/arcam bdp100/klyne 7 preamp/monachy power amp/kochel horn loaded speakers/xlo limited edition cables and power chords/russ andrews power block/chord hdmi cable

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ,bigboss i have noticed it for a while but it was only a slight tinge ,but in the last couple of weeks it really has started to glow this reddish pinkish colour,when you turn the tv on the glow is there and then it disapears and wait for about 10secs the screen goes grey and then 10secs later the reddish glow is their ,you cant see it in normal day light , at night it is visable.it has started to show on some of the dark seens on films.i am very careful with tv,if i pause a film i change input,and iv'e never used cleaning chemicals on the screen just a soft cloth.cheers david

I think you should insist on them to come & have a look for peace of mind. Tell them it seems to be getting worse. As far as I'm aware, once they check your TV, you'll be covered for further 12 months for this particular problem.

Or get a written confirmation from them that if this problem gets worse beyond the period of warranty, they will still cover it under warranty (given that you reported it before the warranty expired). You should email this to them, so you have proof that you reported it within the warranty period.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,i got my tv back just over a week ago ,the tv has had a new pannel put in ,over the last week i have quiet a few problems with it,it has horsiontal and vertical ghosting bands when watching tv , and when no input is runnung and it's blank screen ,the screen looks a dirty grey colour with a black thin bar that runs threw the middle of the screen.on sataday night the screen was firing white pixels across the screen and then i noticed a green mist at the bottom of the screen,but that cleared.The repair company asked why i was looking at a grey screen ,i told them thats where i could see some of the faults with the last pannel, i have phoned virgin who supplys my cabel and they tested the signal three times with no problems found,the repair company it was a signal problem and thats why i was getting ghost bands down the side of my tv ,i tryed my 26 inch tv today and no ghost banding there.The service company made me feel like was lying ,they said pioneer would not issue another screen and dg would not pay for another one. His attude was it cost a lot of money to come out to look at the tv and that is a wasted journey to come out to look at the tv if it was not faulty.The company is ony 20mins up the road from where i live.i know what my tv is picture quality looks at it's best,the picture was so good that you could not tell if it was on hd channel or not .And on bluray is not as good as was. hope my case is going to be like oldboys. :( any ideas welcome please

Sliced Bread said:
I would also suggest insisting. I have not used the Pioneer before, but I've never owned an amp that tints the video output in this way. It is not normal IMO.

+1.

Contact Pioneer customer service. My case was dealt by Steven Haywood:

Steven Haywood • Customer Services

Tel: 0330 123 1240
Fax: 01753 789 533
Email: steven_haywood@pgb.pioneer.co.uk

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks big boss,will call tommorow,i have been keeping pioneer up to date but will call again tommorow.when i spoke to pioneer the other day, they believe they had not put the new pannel in right.what was your problem with your screen big boss.cheers david

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts