Pickering XV-15 / 757s

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Just won the above cartridge, apparently in vgc.

Comes with a rare Stereohedron stylus.

I got this for my Thorens low mass arm and as an addition to the Orto VMS20 MKII. What attracted me to it was that the cartridge also takes Stanton stylii and their aftermarket replacments.

I'd anticipate a slightly different sound signature. Perhaps a little fuller if the various comments are to be believed. Have to say I really like the Ortofon but fell in love with the look of this one :)

Anybody who has one or had experience with this model, please tell me what you think.

regards

A

Anonymous

From the pics I've seen it looks an interesting cart.

Look forward to your assesment

But come on we need more pics of all these TT's you've got

and maybe I'll show you mine ;)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
$(KGrHqF,!qEFII-WTi6WBSFhcWvi1g~~60_35.JPG

Will do. Just got an SL-6 to add to the 7 too, I'm snowed under turntables ...

Haven't tried that one yet. Heck, have only used the SL-7 for a couple of tracks.

This has to stop. I now really only want an upgrade cartridge/stylus for the 7 ... can't make my mind up whether to go with shure and SAS or Audio Technica Shibata ... perhaps stay with Ortofon, a 10 maybe, the OMP5e sounds fairly decent but I already got a VMS20 on my Thorens.

Oh, then there is the Thorens 125/150 or 160 I want :)

Endless fun

regards

A

Anonymous

LMFAO You know you are my saviour.

I just show your posts to SWMBO

Then my Modded Rega, Technics SL-J1, and Techincs SL1200 MK2 don't seem so bad, don't mention the old HMV deck

So a heart warming slap on the back for you and your TT's

They have saved my life ;)

A

Anonymous

drummerman said:
Yes, there's always one poor sod worse off than yourself :)

I need a bigger place

regards

Always and I'm him ;)

No thats not true. My better half is quite quite happy at the mo!!!!!

If I got something else who knows!!!!

Loving your journey tho keep it up

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Received the cart today (after 2 days!). Ebay can work very well.

This bijou little thing is almost an art deco work of art. Lovely. As good as new (visually).

Lets hope it sounds as good.

I was planning to start refurbishing the SL-7 today but this is my first day off in nearly 2 weeks and I ended up listening to loads of music on both Technics decks as they are in between fly pasts at the Bournemouth Air Show. Chilling out. I am very, very chuffed with my recent purchases. - Could have gone the other way but proof positive that there are a lot of very honest sellers out there.

Happy weekend everybody x

regards

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Just won a Creek Evolution 5350 on the bay to add to my system/s. Got excited because it has the optional phono board fitted then I noticed its an MC one ... :wall:

Now I also have to buy a phono stage. This is getting expensive

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts