Phillips 40PFL9704 or 42PFL9664

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

maxflinn:id forget last years models , this years range should give you plenty to choose from , you are an avid gamer , and watch tv and movies in the evenings , a panasonic plasma would be perfect , no gaming lag , nice natural picture , and this year , possibly the blackest blacks of any tv , a 42g20 shouldnt break the bank either , when they first come out , id guess £800-£900 ..

I have seen the 42 and feel it to be a good choice, although the philips 40pfl9704 seems to be the best tv I cannot justify paying this much when the equivilent spec'd model will possibly be cheaper or at the very least 3d ready so mroe future proof.

Regarding ththe panasonci 43" g20 are there any more advanced models coming up with better pic quality?

A

Anonymous

Having had the 42" 9664 and having just bought the very difficult to get hold of in the UK 40" 9704 the purchase was most definitely worth it. The 9704 LED blows the 9664 into oblivion. I want picture, sound & colour quality and if everybody waited for the next generation of a product you would just keep waiting. The 9664 had panel issues & as yet the 9704 is faultless and the quality is awesome as well as the remote control being a work of art in brushed aluminium to match the set.

Hope this helps you from someone who has had both and is willing to pay for quality (and does not like huge black plastic screens taking over a room)

D

Deleted member 2457

geekfreak:

Having had the 42" 9664 and having just bought the very difficult to get hold of in the UK 40" 9704 the purchase was most definitely worth it. The 9704 LED blows the 9664 into oblivion. I want picture, sound & colour quality and if everybody waited for the next generation of a product you would just keep waiting. The 9664 had panel issues & as yet the 9704 is faultless and the quality is awesome as well as the remote control being a work of art in brushed aluminium to match the set.

Hope this helps you from someone who has had both and is willing to pay for quality (and does not like huge black plastic screens taking over a room)

I have a silver remote for my high end philips tv as well, that's the high end treatment for you
emotion-5.gif

Can i ask about watching you tube music video's on this tv, is it any good?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts