Philips 32pfl9604 question

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I was in marks and spencers today and I saw the philips 32pfl9604 which has the same design (I think as the Philips 40pfl9704) now the tv only appeared to have one thin strip of ambilight on either side. Is that the size of the ambilight on the current philips tvs, just one thin strip? Because on my old philips tv has like a massive tube either side, if it is the case does it work as well as the ones from the past?

Thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes gel, just one thin strip either side of the telly, but it's more than sufficient for the job on my 40PFL9664. TV sets are getting thinner, so I'm sure Philips has found ways of making Ambilight more compact/efficient.

Some of the top-end Philips sets have three Ambilight strips, I believe, one on each side and one across the top.

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks Andy,

I got a bit of a shock when I saw it, it's been a while since i have seen a high end philips lcd.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Love philips amblight feature
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Yeah totally agree. I'm so pleased with my 32pfl9604. I was very sceptical about amiblight before getting the TV and thought it would be too gimmicky (my wife just laughed when I mentioned the feature) but I'd already made up my mind that the Philips was the TV I wanted. Wouldn't be without ambilight now, excellent for nature documentaries and movies and the wife agrees (for once
emotion-11.gif
!!). But I switch it off for sport, doesn't seem to work for that somehow..

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy, do you know when the 2010 Philips 9000 TV models will be out this year, and is it likely to cost more, eg for 32"? I've recently managed to pick up the 2009 model of 32pfl9604 for £750 inc. 5 years warranty. So I'm assuming it would cost more for the 2010 replacement right?

Secondly....I dont suppose you can help to provide me the best settings on this 2009 model for picture quality, based on What Hi-Fi Test?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts