PC to Amplifier hiss ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently stripped down my hifi and rebuilt it in a new unit. My setup is as in my sig, my problem is to do with my pc input into my audiolab amps. PC in is vai a steroe cable, going into a 3.5mm jack convertor plugged into the line out in the back of my asus eee pc.

When on the internet, if i scroll on a webpage, or even just scrolling mouse around a page i get interference sound, like a hiss, fine when playing media, sounds ok, its when im not using any sound.

Googled it and said may be a ground problem, as hifi setup, and pc setup are plugged into 2 different power sockets in my house, yet are " connected " by a cable ( pc sound cable).

Also my hifi setup was plugged into a philips mains conditioner as well so thought this may be a problem. Plugged audiolab amps directly into wall, still the same problem?

Everything at pc end seems to look fine...

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

cheers,dave.

A

Anonymous

If you're using the a/d converter inside your pc you will get interference from other components inside the PC. I get this when using headphones with the laptop. The only way I have ever managed to get around this is by using an external DAC connected to the PC. I did also have some success with an upgraded internal soundcard in my old PC (M-Audio 2496) which never seemed to suffer from noise however that isn't really an option with your eee pc so an external DAC would be the way to go.

TRENDING THREADS