Partner speakers for Naim kit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Naim cd5i which I am about to partner with a Naim nait 5i amplifier. I will be partnering them with a pair of stand mount speakers as I have no room for floorstanders. Their position however will be a bit of a challenge. They will be about 30cm away from the 'wall' which will in fact be my living room double glazed bay window! They will have about 20cm clearance from a wall to their side. As you can see I will need a speaker that is happy to be well forward of a wall/window but not too fussy about proximity to its side. I like my bass to be deep and tight within the limitation of a smaller box, with a balanced midrange and not lively in the treble. My budget is £500 - £1000. Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

You beat me to it Matthew. There's some well priced ones here for £599.

EDIT oops, bad HTML tag...

A

Anonymous

I have the spendor s3e's and have heard them with my mates naim kit. Sounded fantastic to me.

You should be able to pick some up very cheaply on the net, or with dealers selling them off now.

Phil

rod1429

May 10, 2009
Visit site
I heard a pair of Dynaudio Excite X16's the other day with the Niam Kit you mention at my local dealers & it sounded fantastic. Should come in within budget as well.

Scottt:

I have a Naim cd5i which I am about to partner with a Naim nait 5i amplifier. I will be partnering them with a pair of stand mount speakers as I have no room for floorstanders. Their position however will be a bit of a challenge. They will be about 30cm away from the 'wall' which will in fact be my living room double glazed bay window! They will have about 20cm clearance from a wall to their side. As you can see I will need a speaker that is happy to be well forward of a wall/window but not too fussy about proximity to its side. I like my bass to be deep and tight within the limitation of a smaller box, with a balanced midrange and not lively in the treble. My budget is £500 - £1000. Any suggestions?

Definitely PMC DB1is.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts