Paradigm mini monitor mk3

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I took a punt on a pair on the bay of temptation and am very impressed.

For their size, comparing them to my Ruark Swordsmans, I would say they are possibly bigger sounding with deeper bass and a more "authoritive" sound, they sound smoother and voices are probably more natural, the only negative is slightly less detail in the higher frequencies. They also seem to "disappear" better than the Ruarks.

I've only listened to them for an hour so am not sure if they'll replace the Ruarks but it's a strong possibility. Not bad for £70.

Gaz37 said:
I took a punt on a pair on the bay of temptation and am very impressed.

For their size, comparing them to my Ruark Swordsmans, I would say they are possibly bigger sounding with deeper bass and a more "authoritive" sound, they sound smoother and voices are probably more natural, the only negative is slightly less detail in the higher frequencies. They also seem to "disappear" better than the Ruarks.

I've only listened to them for an hour so am not sure if they'll replace the Ruarks but it's a strong possibility. Not bad for £70.

A bargain indeed. Paradigm have had some classics speakers in their day, over 25 years, but being Canadian just not that well known in the UK.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
After further listening they seem more sensitive to source and/or recording quality, some tracks on Spotify sound boomy and lacking detail. In fairness this may be the Kindle Fire's fault

Gaz37 said:
After further listening they seem more sensitive to source and/or recording quality, some tracks on Spotify sound boomy and lacking detail. In fairness this may be the Kindle Fire's fault

Perhaps not the best way to test a speakers qualities. However, if this is the only source you are going to use, I suppose it's the only way.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been experimenting with positioning as they can be a bit boomy, I've now moved them out around 20cm from the rear wall and 20cm from the side wall but the bass is still a bit boomy although nice and deep.
Might it be worth plugging the rear ports?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
"for optimal bass performance the speakers should be positioned so that the distance to the side walls is different to the rear wall"

try moving your speakers further out from either the side or rear wall and see what happens, if it still booms then try blocking the port.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts