PANASONIC V20 PROBLEMS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've now had the V20 for three weeks and was really impressed until I noticed it suffers from terrible colour banding even on HD. Is there anyway I can change my settings to reduce this as at the moment its ruining the TV for me.

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had my 42V20 for a week now, and am (STILL) very happy with it. I have also noticed some irritating colour banding also - though only on SD broadcasts.

It seems very content dependent - namely high contrast / graduation sequences. Watching the title credits on 'SIGNS' last night for example looked dreadful. I am finding during regular viewing (i.e. the vast majority of the time) it is unnoticable and not distracting.

If you are really finding it that bad, you should perhaps have a word with your dealer?

stokes - out of interest, what size is your set and what are your sources?

A

Anonymous

[edited by mods - house rules; no trading]

its a 42 inch and the sources were Sky HD and a Sony BDP 720

A

Anonymous

I've been in touch with Panasonic store they don't want to know. They said it's not a fault and I can't have a refund even know the tv is less than Three weeks old. I've also been in touch with Panasonic and they are worse they said they won't transfer the five year guarantee if I want to try and sell it. I'm going to try and sell it and will have to make a loss.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Garth Man:Don't all UK consumers have 28 days satisfaction Guarantee on all products purchased with accordance with the trading laws??

Last I can recall is 30-day no quibble on distance selling but have a feeling it was 7days minimum for normal purchases... I haven't looked into it in a long time though.

A

Anonymous

I think it's 7 days no quibble for stuff bought over tinternet but I'm not sure what the rules are for normal shops.

A

Anonymous

I was told by the panasonic store they do not give refunds for products that are not faulty!

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
stokes2608:I've been in touch with Panasonic store they don't want to know. They said it's not a fault and I can't have a refund even know the tv is less than

If it's not a fault, what is it - surely a high end TV should not behave this way

A

Anonymous

I've seen your problem described elsewhere and the advice was to turn the brightness down a bit and see if that helps. Are you using one of the default settings or have you set it up yourself.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
How very depressing, yet another contemporary TV, from a so-called 'premium manufacturer', which appears to have a design flaw.

When will it end?
emotion-12.gif

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
6th.replicant:How very depressing, yet another contemporary TV, from a so-called 'premium manufacturer', which appears to have a design flaw. When will it end?
emotion-12.gif

This is why, whereas I do have an LG plasma in one room, I'm still using CRT in the other.

The fact they're cramming 3D down our throats just adds insult to injury. Get the basics right first.

BTW, my plasma was the seventh one delivered to my home. Six others were delivered and sent back because I wasn't happy. The fact they won't accept a return despite an obvious flaw is ridiculous.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
That's why I went for a basic plasma screen, save yourself money and less processing to worry about. LG PK350, set to "Expert 1" picture setting and turn off all enhancements. Couldn't be happier with the picture and accurate colours, only negative is pretty reflective panel... can live with that.

A

Anonymous

I have been offered an ex display Pioneer 9th gen for £1600 Im assured it was on for display for 3 months however 10 hours a day seems a lot should this put me off?

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
stokes2608:I have been offered an ex display Pioneer 9th gen for £1600 Im assured it was on for display for 3 months however 10 hours a day seems a lot should this put me off?
No, that's a very nice TV. However, plasmas do have a lifespan and that's a good few hundred hours already used. Use this, as-well-as the hassle you've been through, to haggle the price down further. If it has cosmetic marks then same again.

If you do go for it then be sure to make it absolutely clear that if you're not happy with it once set up at home, they will take it back and offer you a full refund. If not, then take the advice given by 6th.replicant above.

A

Anonymous

the only issue here is potential screen burn , ask the seller if you can call to the store at closing time , get him to dim the lights , or turn them off , then check that there are no signs of screen burn on a blank screen ..

if you dont see any , the tv should be fine ...

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Welcome back, Max. Where have you been?cheers bb
emotion-21.gif
i had a moment of clarity last week , but i was drunk
emotion-3.gif

i hid my laptop , and it took me 8 days to find it , (it was meant to take 3 months
emotion-10.gif
) , but the dogs sniffed it out under the couch
emotion-4.gif
, so , i is back
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:September 16 already? Doesn't time fly...?
september 9th
emotion-15.gif
.. do try to keep up ..
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts