Panasonic TX-L32D25 vs TX-L32D26

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know what the difference is between these TVs? Is the D26 simply a variant produced for Comet? If so, how do the TVs differ? I've tried looking on the Panasonic site and browsed the web without much success...on article imples they are the same TV without actually saying it. I'd be grateful for any help/advice.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
OK. I seem to have answered my own question. Here's a comment from someone claiming to work for Comet I've lifted from another forum

"I can confirm that specification wise the Panasonic TX-L32D26, which Comet stock exclusively, is the same as the TX-L32D25. The only identifiable difference between the two models are slight cosmetic changes, whereby, the TX-L32D26 features a black screen casing, in comparison with the grey casing of the TX-L32D25 which is listed on the Panasonic website".

But I'd be grateful if a more trustworthy source could confirm the above statement.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I've just seen on the Comet website a statement from one of their customer service reps (under the Q&As for the TX-L32D26B).

"The specifications are very similar but the TX-L32D25B has a higher contrast ratio".

So officially, Comet think they are different.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Interestingly, comparing the contrast ratio stated for the TV on the Comet website and on the Panasonic website would suggest that the customer service rep is wrong. Both are listed at 2,000,000:1.

You'd think this is a fairly simple question to ask but no definate answers seem to be available.

Oh, and while Richer Sounds list this TV at £599 on their website, they seem to have very few available scattered across a number of stores and they cannot be ordered. The nearest one to me is Brighton.....many miles away. Comet have the D26 available at £612 in their Poole store.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Just paid for a L32D25 from Sevenoaks. Cost me £629 with a 5 year guarantee. Collecting it from Poole later today.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts