Panasonic TX-32LXD700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I’m pretty sure I’m about to purchase the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 for my main TV; I watch a lot of DVDs (I will be purchasing an up-scaling DVD player as well) along with Standard Definition Sky+. What I would like to know, either from an expert or someone who owns this set, is how good are the pictures sourced from a standard definition Sky box compared to the Freeview tuner the set comes with. The reviews often talk about how good the tuner is but I would like to know if the pictures from a SD Sky source are just as good?

Also, to maximise the Sky picture, what cable/connection upgrades should I make?

Thanks

Saundinho

A

Anonymous

I recently bought this LCD & it is amazing. The pictures are so good with both the inbuilt tuner & watching SD Sky. Watching a Sky HD channel though & the picture clarity is unbelievable. An upscaling dvd player is what I really want & if you buy one of these you really will be maximising this tv's potential. The sound from the Panasonic is also superb. Go out & buy it now ! You will not be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response and feedback, it is very helpful and appreciated!!

Does anyone have any good suggestions on the connections between the Sky box and the TV? I assume I should maybe replace the supplied Scart cable with a better one? Would a better TV aerial cable help at all?

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

I bought my TX32LXD700 about a month ago and am very impressed. I don't tend to use the built in freeview tuner. My Sky+ SD box produces a slightly sharper picture. I'm just using a slightly better than standard Vivanco scart and this seems to be doing a good job. Much as i'd like Sky HD I doubt that I would get much benefit from it at present as there just aren't enough programmes that interest me.

I spent a lifetime pondering between this and the Sony D3000, but am very happy that I made the right choice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Goggleeyes, I was in the same position as you deciding between the Sony D3000 and the Panasonic....in the end it went down to looks (which one my girlfriend preferred the look of!) and I bought the TX-32LXD700 yesterday. Got it set up in minutes last night and I am delighted with it so far! I've not tweaked any of the settings but I will do over the weekend I think!

Do you recommend any particular settings to tweak for it?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Goggleeyes"]
Much as i'd like Sky HD I doubt that I would get much benefit from it at present as there just aren't enough programmes that interest me.
[/quote]

I would say, whilst the box doesn't upscale SD channels (as far as I'm aware anyway) the picture does look better from an HD box than an SD box. I guess it's down to the superior connection more than anythig else.

In the past few months with this set I've run SKY+ SD, SKY HD, a Pioneer HCIAB from 2004, PS3, XBOX 360, Wii and my PC. I couldn't be happier with the picture produced on my TV with all of the above sources, less the HCIAB. The only thing you really need to buy as an add-on to this set is an upscaling DVD player. Standard Def players just don't hack it with this panel.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts