panasonic th37px80b discontinued?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
on trying to purchase a 37px80 yesterday i was told it had been discontinued, and store were therefore getting no more in. is this true, or just a supply issue at the mo, and does this mean panny will not be releasing any more 37" plasmas from now on - was told they'd only be doing 37" LCDs cos everyone wanted full HD these days. Would be interested to know if any of this is true, or if the salesman was just keen to flog me an LCD...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well at the moment, all Panasonic TVs have a one-year product cycle - so, for example, 2007's models all have '7' in them, and 2008 were/are the '8' series.

We'll get preview news of the 2009 sets next week at the Consumer Electronics Show, followed by hands-on previews and full UK details in mid-February.

I'd expect the first new sets to appear in shops around April - until then, the 2008 sets will be very much for sale, as stocks allow. The Award-winning 37PX80 plasma has been incredibly popular, so stocks may indeed be running low - prices for the set also seem to be stablising and even increasing, which indicates the same.

Will Pana do a 37in plasma for 2009? We'll find out next week!

A

Anonymous

pete_stevenson:on trying to purchase a 37px80 yesterday i was told it had been discontinued, and store were therefore getting no more in. is this true, or just a supply issue at the mo, and does this mean panny will not be releasing any more 37" plasmas from now on - was told they'd only be doing 37" LCDs cos everyone wanted full HD these days. Would be interested to know if any of this is true, or if the salesman was just keen to flog me an LCD...

Yes, indeed, the PX80 models have been discontinued. The crazy prices on these models at the moment are Panasonic's way of clearing the stock. Panasonic UK still have some of the 42", but the 37" are all gone, just the stock left at dealers now.

Whether there will be a TH37PX90 is unknown yet, but the truth is Panasonic are, like all manufacturers, pushing full-HD and have already ruled out full-HD on a 37" plasma. Are we on the verge of a 100% LCD range with Panasonic in 2009 at 37"? Would be a great shame.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
alsina:Are we on the verge of a 100% LCD range with Panasonic in 2009? Would be a great shame.

Certainly would. Indeed, if i hadnt already got a px80b and was looking for a tv in 2009, i would then have to even consider...shudder...lg lol!

jamessouthern

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Clare - have you managed to find out any more from Panasonic about their plans for a 37" plasma in the 2009 range? Is there to be a TH37PX90 model? Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Yes, it will be called the TX-P37X10B and the first shipment will hit stores in 2-3 weeks.

A

Anonymous

alsina:Yes, it will be called the TX-P37X10B and the first shipment will hit stores in 2-3 weeks.

720p Resolution; Over 900 Lines of Moving Resolution,

600Hz Sub-field Drive;

VIERA Image Viewer(TM); VIERA Link(TM);

AR Filter; Game Mode; 3 HDMI inputs; Contrast Ratio Native 30,000:1 Infinite Black Panel

(Game Mode might be USA specific, it was last year)

A

Anonymous

I got my th37px80b Last week and im well chuffed with it, it cost me £499 from comet but they put the price up again a week later to £599.
Richer sounds had sold out and i panicked but managed to get one from comet.

The delivery guy told me that comet had sold shed loads and im so glad i sussed out the word on this forum about what tvs were the ones to buy.

It truly is a superb Tv for the price.

TRENDING THREADS