Panasonic BT200 Speaker Cable Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, My Dad recently bought a Panasonic BT200 home cinema system which i fitted for him. However he also had a set of 4 speakers which he had connected to a satalite reciever with built in amp before and had existing cables in place. I removed the existing speaker but the only thing is that the existing cables are just a generic five core cable which he used two of the five wires. Currently the cables are behind the wallpaper and have left them in place, these cables happen to be even thinner than the already thin cables that came with the system. As he didnt want to remove the originals i cut the new ones down (the were not long enough) which have there own colour coded plugs and soldered them to the existing one. Problem is the system doesnt sound good at all, if anything the speakers sound weak. So would you recommend replacing all the cables with single length speaker cables with the same thickness as the one supplied, would i get away with using 1.0mm 96 strand speaker cable? also what is the best method of joing two wires as i dont think i will be able to remove the cables from the plugs.

Thanks

Tim

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response. What do you do then, if the cables supplied with the system are no where near long enough?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Tim186,

That is quite a predicament, unfortunately.

I would suggest you join the middle with another length of speaker cable. I would choose this option over soldering the speaker input links with another cable altogether.

This is what I did with my Pioneer system a long time ago for the rear speakers and it worked just fine.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Its just really annoying when they supply you these ridiculously short cables, unless you go straight from the speaker across the room the amp which you would never do, then you have no choice but to extend them. Thats what i did in terms of joining them but i did so by soldering them sorry if i wasnt clear its quite hard to describe

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Tim186,

I understand the frustration!

When I got the Pioneer a long time ago, I first asked how long the speaker cables were against the measurements of my room, and sure enough, the rears came up short, while the front channels had loads to spare.

One would expect these manufaturers to be a little more sensible!

I still bought the system as I really liked it and extended the cables. I took it from the fronts!

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts