panasonic bd 35 blu ray

Juzzie Wuzzie

I am having exactly the same problem - with DVD play on it - The Wire box set to be precise. Sound drop out and picture drop out. Can't be bothered with hassle, so will be "upgrading" to the Sony 370 today.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Mushy & Juzzie Wuzzie,

I had the Pana DB35 until recently and experienced no such problems with it. Have you tried a firmware upgrade to determine if that might rectify the issue?

I too replaced my Pana DB35 for a Sony S-370 and with all that the Sony has to offer at about £100.00, it really is a no-brainer.

Ronald

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a Panny BD35, what improvements if any have you seen/heard by upgrading to the Sony?

I take it its a lot faster, thats my main problem with the BD35.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
John Holmes,

It is certainly very fast. It produces a sharper and more vibrant picture and the sound is definitely better.

The other attractions include the BBC I Player for me where I also get access to BBC HD.

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
John Holmes,

The Oppo 80 is a fantastic blu-ray player too and has many useful features as well. It is also a lot more expensive than the S-370.

It will depend on what you are looking for in a blu-ray player, besides also an audition if possible.

Ronald

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I know it is about £230 more expensive, but I like the Oppo 80 for pretty good SD DVD upscalling(don't watch enough DVDs to pay the extra for the 83 Oppo) and multiregion for bluray. BD80 multi region can be bought for £336.99.

What I want from my next upgrade is the best possible bluray picture performance to my Kuro Plasma and I would need the HD audio to be decoded by the player and sent via LPCM to my Denon AVCA11XVA amp.

The other player on my radar is the Sony S760 which I believe has superb picture quality but there again is more expensive than the 370. I'm in no rush right now to upgrade and I think I will probably wait until Christmas time. Hopefully the Oppo and the S760 will come down in price a little by then.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnHolmes:
What I want from my next upgrade is the best possible bluray picture performance to my Kuro Plasma and I would need the HD audio to be decoded by the player and sent via LPCM to my Denon AVCA11XVA amp.

If I had a Kuro plasma, I would go for either the Pioneer BDP-LX91 or a Sony BDP-S5000ES.

JohnHolmes:

The other player on my radar is the Sony S760 which I believe has superb
picture quality but there again is more expensive than the 370. I'm in
no rush right now to upgrade and I think I will probably wait until
Christmas time. Hopefully the Oppo and the S760 will come down in price
a little by then.

The S-370 demoted the S-760 to 4****, for both picture and sound quality, so this would quite frankly be a pointless option.

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Did it? so your telling me the 370 has better picture quality than the 760?

I would never spend any more than £500 on a Bluray player I don't think it would be worth it as the tests in this months mag show.

Juzzie Wuzzie

My BD35 has the latest firmware (according to Panasonic website) so not sure that is the issue - perhaps I should go retro to an earlier firmware? The thing is, a day pi$$ing around with it is pointless as the Sony is very affordable. Would prefer if the BD35 worked properly, however.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnHolmes:
Did it? so your telling me the 370 has better picture quality than the 760?

I would never spend any more than £500 on a Bluray player I don't think it would be worth it as the tests in this months mag show.

1. The S-370 won a Group Test and beat the S-760. Hard to believe, I know especially when you consider all the rave about the S-760 having 'trickled down technology' from the S-5000ES . True though.

2. That might be wise, yes.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Juzzie Wuzzie:My BD35 has the latest firmware (according to Panasonic website) so not sure that is the issue - perhaps I should go retro to an earlier firmware? The thing is, a day pi$$ing around with it is pointless as the Sony is very affordable. Would prefer if the BD35 worked properly, however.

Probably time to call it a day then mate!

TRENDING THREADS