pana TX-P50VT20

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Search around and you will find some very positive reviews.

I am sure WhatHifi will also find this TV excellent once they make it to the review
emotion-2.gif

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is superb and produces one of the best pictures I have seen on a TV for all types of content. We dont have a competing 3D set in store at the minute to see how that compares but the 3D is very impressive.

A

Anonymous

My only comparison is with the previous set, which was the last 43" plasma that Pioneer made, not the last models. It is an enormous improvement. Whether blacks are quite as deep as the last Pioneer sets seems a moot point, but they are the best I've ever seen. Ditto in terms of colour, contrast, motion-handling etc. I'm very happy indeed.

D

Deleted member 2457

Can i ask the 12th how is the sound on the pansonic VT20? i heared it yesterday and it did not sound to bad, also how about the freeview tuner, how good do the pictures look?

Thanks alot

D

Deleted member 2457

Also the 12th how about the picture settings do they take alot of tweaking? Is there one of the best settings go aound for this tv?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I've just opted for the preset 'home' settings, and the picture is, to my eyes at least, exceptionally natural. I had someone calibrate the previous Pioneer, but preferred it how it was before, so I'm loath to change anything.

It's hard for me to comment about the sound from the built in speakers, the previous Pioneer didn't have any. It feeds a good quality signal to the amp though, and I'm more than happy with the sound. The digital output from the Freesat HD channels is 5.1, and I'm staggered how much better it is. Doesn't sound compressed, and makes the non-HD stereo signals sound lacking in body. Hearing the sounds of a good tennis match echo around the court has made Wimbledon much more 'immersive.'

D

Deleted member 2457

12th:I've just opted for the preset 'home' settings, and the picture is, to my eyes at least, exceptionally natural. I had someone calibrate the previous Pioneer, but preferred it how it was before, so I'm loath to change anything. It's hard for me to comment about the sound from the built in speakers, the previous Pioneer didn't have any. It feeds a good quality signal to the amp though, and I'm more than happy with the sound. The digital output from the Freesat HD channels is 5.1, and I'm staggered how much better it is. Doesn't sound compressed, and makes the non-HD stereo signals sound lacking in body. Hearing the sounds of a good tennis match echo around the court has made Wimbledon much more 'immersive.'

Thanks for that
emotion-21.gif
I am not one for changing things either.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I've had mine for a month now and am absolutely delighted with it. HD quality is amazing. I have Sky HD but the other day I was doing some work on the floor sitting quite close to the screen. Football was on and from that close the picture was a bit pixelated. I then realised I had FreeSat on as Sky switched off. Changed to ITV HD and even from inches away from the screen the image was superb.

I sat in the dark the other night watching Lord of the Rings on bluray. With the 50" screen it felt like I was in the cinema and I was blown away by the sharpness of the images.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I have an almost perfectly square room 2.8m x 2.8m which I want to covert into a small bolt hole so I can get away from the wife's poor choice of TV programmes. when I put a sofa in I will be sitting around 2.5m away from the screen. Is this too close for the TX-P50VT20? I saw one in house of fraser, they had a sofa infront at about the same distance but I think that it was more to do with showing off the 3d effect which I won't be using it for. Any thoughts on this?

The original plan was to get a projector but I always thought it needs to be further back to get a better picture. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 2457

Nope, in what hi fi ultimate tv guide on sale now in all good newsagents it says 2 metres away is perfect, so you are in perfect place.
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks thats what I was needed to hear
emotion-1.gif

Hmmm that gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

bakker_be

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
The only problem you'll have (I do at least, and I'm seated about that distance from my 50" Kuro) is when you're watching a movie in a language you don't understand and really must read the subtitles to know what people are saying: you'll miss quite a lot of the action on-screen.

A

Anonymous

Cool. If there's to much text to read I'll call the wife in and she can read it out aloud to me so I don't miss any of the action. I'm sure she want mind....

A

Anonymous

Yep, I've noticed that even when zooming in, HD footage comfortably bests SD, especialy from 'the light channel.'

A

Anonymous

I sit about twice as far from ours, and I think 2.5m is too close. I just went and tried it, for your personal benefit!

With good quality HD footage, you won't see too much in the way of artefact to spoil the illusion, but it just looks better and more intrinsically 'right' from further away.

With SD footage, particularly the poor quality churned out by so many channels, I think you're going to be way too near.

A

Anonymous

i am in the same boat as you with tv. i sat 2.5m away from a 50" the other day in someones house and concluded it was definately too big. you seem to lose all the action or movement cos your just too close and the screen is too big. i think 3-3.5m is about as close as i would sit to a 50 especially if you may be closer with a Wii or people sitting on the floor if ya mates are over. my choice is the 46g20 or 42v and im opting for the 42v. quality over quantity and 42 will still be fine at 2.5m.

A

Anonymous

cool, must see it before i buy, that goes with out saying, but i am sold anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts