Pana TX-32LXD700 vs TX-32LXD70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The main different I can see between the 70 and the 700 is the sound -- are there any other major differences, particularly picture quality? (there's an extra HDMI connector on the front of the 700 and an SD card slot). If I'm likely to connect it up to an amp and speakers anyhow, is the extra 100-150 quid worth it? I guess the improved sound is worth it for the days I can't be bothered to fire up the amp...

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
I can't comment exactly, but I believe your thinking is correct.

I have the LXD70 - got it for Xmas, and must say I'm pretty impressed with it.

But I did manage to get it for £450! (The benefits of having a partner that works for Panasonic!)

Excellent TV, and if the only main difference is the sound, I can't see warranting the extra cash you mention. Sure one of the reviewers can shed some light on it however.

I will say however, that I have a Pana Plasma in the lounge and despite that being an older model - I think the picture is better. So if you can push the size (and I guess your budget) for a plasma, I would say go for that.... but that's just my humble opinion.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your opinions. I really don't think I can justify a 37" TV at the moment. Maybe it's a culture shock thing -- I see the 32 as being big in comparison to the 25" CRT that we've got at the moment, and a 37" would be almost a meter wide. Tempting, but given the space we've got at the moment I don't think I can justify it, either to myself or to the wife.

A

Anonymous

Ah. Now you've got me confused.

I can get a 37" Panasonic plasma for 100 pounds less than the 32" LCD. And it's probably better. Can I justify it though, and will it be too big.

I guess the only way to find out is to somehow get a home audition. Anyone know any dealers in the Southampton area likely to help out on that front?

TRENDING THREADS