Pairing AV1 with HDMI on RX-V673 for Sky setup

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm trying to setup Sky using the Yamaha 673 receiver and it's driving me demented. I've got the optical lead connected via Sky box and receiver (av1 on receiver) got everything set to DD in the sky menu, but I can't work out how to pair the optical output with the HDMI picture. If I switch the receiver to AV4, I get the sound output as DD, but when I switch to HDMI 2, the sound is output as PCM. Any advice as to how I couple the two together would be greatly received.

thanks,

mike

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rob,

When you have time, could you let me know which menu on the amp I need to access this, as I'm still pretty clueless.

Many thanks.

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Still can't manage it. I've hooked up the HDMI cable to the TV now and got the optical to the amp. It works, but it's a bit of pain to change all of the inputs. Whenever you're next in the locality of your setup, if you could let me the specifics of how to set the inputs up, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Mike

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Just checked the blu-ray playback and the input is 'PCM' despite the fact that I've got nice surround (connected via HDMI obviously, set to 'straight'). Is the amp playing up? Frustrated beyond belief.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mikey2008 said:
Just checked the blu-ray playback and the input is 'PCM' despite the fact that I've got nice surround (connected via HDMI obviously, set to 'straight').

What's set to "straight"? PCM on the amp indicates that the player is doing the decoding before it sends the audio to the amp. You're unlikely to hear any difference, it's only the pretty blue light you're missing out on.

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. What I've ended up doing is hooking up the Sky box directly to the TV and the optical from Sky to amp. Regarding the blu-ray, it was just a case of switching off the blu-ray processing and now the amp is doing it, but I agree that it is pretty much the same thing as the blu-ray player processing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts