Over ear headphones loud enough for iPhone

mikeinlondon

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking for some decent over ear headphones for the iphone but find the ones I have tried so far (eg Bose Quiet comfort 25 and a couple of others) not loud enough, presumably to do with the impedance or something.
Any tips of finding some over ear headphones (don't have to be noise cancelling) that you can get a decent volume and sound quality out of? Thanks Mike

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
mikeinlondon said:
I have been looking for some decent over ear headphones for the iphone but find the ones I have tried so far (eg Bose Quiet comfort 25 and a couple of others) not loud enough, presumably to do with the impedance or something.

Any tips of finding some over ear headphones (don't have to be noise cancelling) that you can get a decent volume and sound quality out of? Thanks Mike

Do you prefer on-ear, partly around-ear, or fully around-ear?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You need to get ones that are below 50 Ohms ideally if you want loud. Or if you can't find any you really want like that get a portable Fiio amp or suchlike.

My AIAIAI Young Gurus work very well with my iPhone, but I listen to a lot of electronic so they are ideal. If I wanted more vocal/acoustic etc then there are some good models from Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica as well as Musical Fidelity and KEF.

Peterapperup

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
ATH 50x are my travel headphones, very sturdy, good sound and only 38ohms.

Highly recommended.

ath_m30x_2_sq.jpg

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bowers and wilkins p5 wireless (or series 2 if you dont need wireless) low impedance good sound and i own them myself. only gripe is not as loud when playing wireless, but good volume on wired mode. i got my wireless pair for £250 and seen some wired pairs for around £170-200

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
PSB M4U2 for me. Don't have an iPhone but have a FiioX3. They have a kind of built in amp so they boost the puny audio output of smartphones. The EU regulations mean output levels are strangled. Quite big but comfy and noise cancelling also. Or get a Fiio X3 anyway, loads of output from them as they have a built in decent amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts