optical cable problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am wanting to connect my sky hd and blu ray player and also my tvs sound to my surround sound system. they all have optical ports but surround sound only has one so instead of buying a splitter could i connect my blu ray and sky hd to the tv through the hdmi cables as normal then use an optical cable from tv to the surround sound. would this transfer the sound from blu ray and sky hd through 5.1 channels as its using the optical cable or would i have to connect the blu ray directly to the surround through optical cable. also using an optical cable from tv to surround would this transfer the sound to the surround system of whatever is playing on the tv like it would if using phono leads or a scart lead? any help will be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

It probably wouldn't work the way you want it too unfortunately.

Has your receiver got any coaxial digital inputs? If so the BluRay could be connected using that. Use an hdmi straight to the tv for picture.

Sky HD only gives stereo through the hdmi lead so you'll have to have an optical for that. I guess you'll need a splitter or switcher if your receiver doesn't have a coaxial.

The tv will only give a stereo output anyway so connect the tv to the receiver with an analogue cable.

Good luck
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts