Oppo or not

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
gel said:
michael hoy said:
Hi and welcome.

I am not sure of the Darbee element of the OPPO (D), I had the 2500BT for a long time and now own the OPPO 95.

Depending on whether or not you want / need the extra features and of course the HD audio, picture quality wise the OPPO 95 is better but not night and day.

Personally I would change from a 2500BT to an OPPO again, but maybe save some money by not buying the 103D and get the 103.

Can you demo?

Agreed, 103 is a good player.
Yes from reviews I've read the 103 is a good player with which is the player I was maybe thinking of getting however, other reviews I read for the Denon 3313ud say that it slightly bettered the 103 and these comments where from other 103 owners. Looking at the quality of the 3313 I'm not surprised! So i was happy with those reviews as I personally love the look of Denon players, as it is my preferred brand.

I am quite tempted now to try the Denon 3313 and Frank Harvey look like they are doing a good deal on it at £450. The only thing keeping me back is the last 4 Blu-Ray players I have tried have all been the same. I might still be tempted though! :?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
jase fox said:
gel said:
michael hoy said:
Hi and welcome.

I am not sure of the Darbee element of the OPPO (D), I had the 2500BT for a long time and now own the OPPO 95.

Depending on whether or not you want / need the extra features and of course the HD audio, picture quality wise the OPPO 95 is better but not night and day.

Personally I would change from a 2500BT to an OPPO again, but maybe save some money by not buying the 103D and get the 103.

Can you demo?

Yes from reviews I've read the 103 is a good player with which is the player I was maybe thinking of getting however, other reviews I read for the Denon 3313ud say that it slightly bettered the 103 and these comments where from other 103 owners. Looking at the quality of the 3313 I'm not surprised! So i was happy with those reviews as I personally love the look of Denon players, as it is my preferred brand.

I am quite tempted now to try the Denon 3313 and Frank Harvey look like they are doing a good deal on it at £450. The only thing keeping me back is the last 4 Blu-Ray players I have tried have all been the same. I might still be tempted though! :?
Well if you can Gel, I'd say at least give it a demo, what you got to lose :p It'll either make you want it? Or It'll make your bluray count to 5!! :grin:

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
gel said:
jase fox said:
gel said:
michael hoy said:
Hi and welcome.

Can you demo?

Well if you can Gel, I'd say at least give it a demo, what you got to lose :p It'll either make you want it? Or It'll make your bluray count to 5!! :grin:

Quite true. :grin: I am going to have a think about it, I haven't got anywhere to demo though! :wall: I probably just risk it. :grin:

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I've also owned your current pioneer player Gel and again IMO It's better!!

As for just buying it out right? :? Only you can decide that but all I can say is that It's a fantstic player.

Fantastic build, silky smooth loading tray, fast start up times, very fast responsive times with commands etc Reference grade picture quality!!

Although some people do report issues with streaming etc there's also others that havn't, I on the other hand wont use it for those purposes however, being the perfectionist I am if I did need to stream I'd buy a dedicated machine for that.

It's no different to people complaining that there mobile phones don't take good photo's, It's a phone, not a camera, again the purist will buy a camera if taking good pictures is your thing.

IMO you can't beat a dedicated CD player for playing CD's, some bluray players are better than others at playing them, but I havn't heard one yet that tops my Arcam, I also listen to the same music you do Gel, Metallibosher all day long mate :p

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I am going to ask David if I can borrow one. That seems like a good move.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
I think I am going to ask David if I can borrow one. That seems like a good move.
It does, yes
smiley-wink.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Jase

Have you bought Metallica Through The Never Blu-Ray yet? It sounds and looks epic! And Freddie Mercury tribute concert is also epic! You got to buy them.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Hi Jase

Have you bought Metallica Through The Never Blu-Ray yet? It sounds and looks epic! And Freddie Mercury tribute concert is also epic! You got to buy them.
Hi Gel

Yes I have mate and It's amazing in both looks and sound, highly recommended!! And I havn't got the freddie Mercury concert but my friend has as he's a massive queen fan, so I'll have to borry it of him :)

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
gel said:
Hi Jase

Hi Gel

Yes I have mate and It's amazing in both looks and sound, highly recommended!! And I havn't got the freddie Mercury concert but my friend has as he's a massive queen fan, so I'll have to borry it of him :)

Nice one! The Freddie Mercury one has Metallica and Guns N Roses on and it is in DTS Master Audio High Resolution and really sounds good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts