Onkyo TX-NR906 Networking........ HELP!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up the networking facility on this amp?? I have followed the instructions in the manual (which advises you need to be a *&^%$^&* genius to get it working!!) but to no avail!!

Could anyone give me a plain english run-through of how to do it?? The manual says you need to change IP address etc etc, I have done that and now it wont allow me to access the amp from a web-browser as the amps IP address is now the same as the router (which it said to change it to, or at least thats how I am reading it)

Can anyone help please or should I just forget about internet radio etc and go back to watching films?!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Theoretically you should not change any settings in you amp assuming that your router has enabled DHCP setting (which means it automatically names devices connected to it, i.e. provides them with unique IP address). In simple terms - if you were just plugging in other devices to your network and it worked - it has the setting enabled. Then just make sure your Onkyo in "Network" settings has DHCP selected as "enabled" as well.

If your router has not DHCP function - then you need to do what manual says, however you must provide the amp with different IP address then the router. Select any other address similar to your router's changing number in last section to, say, 100 (probably you have now 255 or 0). Then this address should be accessible from a web browser. All other settings should be as specified by your network provider.

By the way - why do you want to access your receiver from a web browser instead of setting network radio access from the Onkyo on-screen menu?

Good luck then - it must work eventually
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts