Onkyo TX-NR808 display question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can somebody please tell me if this new Onkyo displays both trueHD and DTS-MA as multichannel(like the SR875 does)? Or do they now appear on the receiver as "TRUE HD" & "DTS-MA"? As it may sound petty... But its nice to see them displayed as what they are and not as "multichannel" like on the older models!! Thx

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Errr..... My 875 flags either Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio on the display.

Only time it says multichannel is with a PCM soundtrack.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:

Errr..... My 875 flags either Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio on the display.

My 875 is the same

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris:

Same here to on my 875! Sounds like you may have your BD player set up wrong.

A

Anonymous

how long have you had your 875's for lads?
i know that when i bought mine,it was an issue.(which i think was resolved in the later models)
its nearly 3 years old now.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
dave k:how long have you had your 875's for lads? i know that when i bought mine,it was an issue.(which i think was resolved in the later models) its nearly 3 years old now.

Just check your firmware version you have loaded on your 875.

To do that turn on the AMP like normal then press and hold the display button down and then press standby, it will now show your firmware version, the latest one for the onkyo 875 is 1.08, mine is 1.07.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
dave k:Can somebody please tell me if this new Onkyo displays both trueHD and DTS-MA as multichannel(like the SR875 does)? Or do they now appear on the receiver as "TRUE HD" & "DTS-MA"?
As it may sound petty... But its nice to see them displayed as what they are and not as "multichannel" like on the older models!!
Thx

It only displaye 'multichannel' if thats what you have selected! It always shows True HD or DTS MA if that's whats been selected...

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Davek,

All my Onkyo amps displayed the appropriate HD soundtrack on the display - 605, 606, 607, 805 and now the 875.

Is your blu-ray player decoding the tracks internally or is it your amp that is doing the job?

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts