onkyo nd-s1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
pls can anyone recommend an amp for the above ie digital inputs but with a and b speaker outputs that will fit on a shelf 26 cm deep to include depth of interconnects at back? cd spinner not required but dab would be cool! Am i searching for hens teeth?

Alternate approach suggestions welcome. i did cosider the fatman range instead but they dont seem to have two sets of speaker outs

Cheers for season to you all

Andy

idc

The onkyo only outputs a digital signal, so you need a DAC or an amp with a DAC in it.

I have had a look on the interenet for a picture of the back of fatman amplifiers and cannot find anything. However, on their site any amp comes with speaker cable and you can connect two speakers to them, so they must have the relevant connections.

EDIT - found a picture, they do have speaker terminals left and right

Cabon_2_Back.jpg

A

Anonymous

cool my friend and thanks. Yes amp does neec to DAC but i cant find one in micro or compact ranges that will fit on my shelves and thats what i really need to find-has anyone got or heard of such an animal-good quality reasonable price.

the speaker output needs to be two pairs not one ie a , b. or a+b and i cant see this on any fatman product

Thanx for time taken.

Andy

idc

aj53:

cool my friend and thanks. Yes amp does neec to DAC but i cant find one in micro or compact ranges that will fit on my shelves and thats what i really need to find-has anyone got or heard of such an animal-good quality reasonable price.

The smallest range of DACs I can think of is Firestone. Have a look at the Fubar 4Plus, Fubar USB and Spitfire which have various digital inputs here clicky

aj53:

the speaker output needs to be two pairs not one ie a , b. or a+b and i cant see this on any fatman product

Thanx for time taken.

Andy

I see now, you want to run four speakers. Would some sort of speaker cable switch do? clicky

A

Anonymous

Thanx again for time and help.All that would provide a solution but seems overkill. The stereo amp,the Onkyo A-5VL, usually partnered with the dock gives a neater solution ie a/b/a+b spkr outs and digital input for self contained digital conversion but it's too damn big. Surely there must be something similiar but in the micro/mini ranges?

Marantz are often shallow depth bits of kit but can't even find one of those that has a digital input. Ican't be the only person who wants the digital quality of the onkyo dock and to use it on a normal bookshelf!

Andy

A

Anonymous

Peachtree Audio Nova might be a nice choice for partnering with nd-s1, comes with an excellent DAC, tube-stage and headphone amp - only 1 pair of speaker outs though.

nova2.jpg

Nova_Rear.jpg

A

Anonymous

looks superb but afraid 2 spkr outs is vital. Thanx anyway

A

Anonymous

Looks great and fits! Trying to find out about speaker outputs. Any ideas about quality - can't find any reviews. I feel like i'm getting somewhere so many thanx

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am prety sure that it will be one set of outputs but Harman typically have loads of power so you will be able to use several speakers with it. We are still to get our first sample - it is just newly released but it looks great.

A

Anonymous

i guess by now i seem fussy but what i really need is simple integrsted front panel switch to go between a and b outs!

Still will look at it tho' so cheers

TRENDING THREADS