Onkyo CS-515DAB

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Been thinking of buying the Onkyo for the conservatory. I'm just wondering weather to buy it with it's own speakers or without and use a spare set of Ruark templar floor standers i have . Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Hi mate I would go for the whole thing its had great reviews as you have prob seen! Are you a cobblers fan by any chance? im from n'pton to ;0)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Onkyo system is great as it is (hence being a two-time Award winner!) but can support better speakers than those it's supplied with. However, i'm not sure of the specs of your Ruarks, to judge whether it'd be happy with driving them.

I'd be inclined to buy the excellent system unit, give it a try, and then if it doesn't pan out with the Ruarks to buy some Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs for £110 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s (available for £130) - you wouldn't have spent much more then than if you'd bought the full Onkyo system, and you'd have an upgraded sound.

A

Anonymous

Ruark Templars are seriously good speakers. There should be no problem with that Denon powering them, as any speakers will be better than the standard ones to be honest! Atleast give them a try!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts